Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

Wow... 2007/2/2 06:44
I live in England, and like most of the people here, I want to be a Manga-ka. Ive been drawing Manga (well, perfecting my drawings of it) for 3 years now, and its my dream job! Im also learning japanese and about Japan's culture and society and whatnot, but anyway, would it be a better idea to try and get my manga (when I leave school, Im 13 right now) comics taken up by a Western Publisher, then move onto a Japanese publisher? I think this is gonna be really...well, awkward. I dont know if Im good enough or not, or wether i'll EVER stand a chance. Everyone I know says Im good at drawing, and I know Ive come a long way over the past three years. It just seems impossible from my point of view. I mean, from what Ive seen, England dosent have much to do with Manga or Anime at the moment. It could change, but still...

And yeah, Ive always thought that you should never give up. But when I think about it, its just the whole "But you might have to go to japan!"...bah XD
by Rin rate this post as useful

You can do it 2007/12/12 15:29
I'm originated mexican Ive been living in america for most of my life, I came here as an immigrant yes an (immigrant) came when I was 5 and perfected english. I llove drawing anime its my lfe, and I hope to soomeday get a Job as a Manga artist, although me being...well a mexican, I still strive to be very good. People say its hopeless for me, my mom says look at you, you are an illeagal, what will a mexican ever do in Japan its a stupid Idea, but I dont let that stop me, someday I will make my dream come true , it goes for you to please dont stop bealiving no matter what your color no matter what your race, nothing is immposible, go show the world its true.
by Wolf Boy rate this post as useful

Does America have a manga college? 2008/1/14 11:35
XD I saw a lot of adds for manga colleges. I thought there would be one in America. I was googling for a manga college to get prepared. But its still far. (I'm still 13 and I'm in high school, Skipped a grade) I'm Vietnamese, my first aim was to go to Harvard but I guess that is still impossible. But then I saw an add. It really got me excited because I started drawing manga at the age of 6. I was able to draw portraits and landscapes till 3rd-5th grade ^^;; and then I forgot how to. I have to pratice again lol. Then I saw this post. It scared me because I do not want to go to Japan. I may be an anime fanatic and a manga fanatic but its pretty scary there. I'm still searching for manga colleges in America..I hope its not to far! Hehe..I'm also aiming to be a writer. First be a writer, than be a manga writer. ^^ Get the person to publish for meh HEHEHEHEEEE doing all the background while meh doing the characters and inking...Wait if there doing the backgrounds (which are kinda easy) NUUU DX well i do have to do all the work cause it is my story. First make an online manga *which I am making right now called Fallen Angel*
by Prince Arren rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

reply to this thread