Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 36 of 36
prev
1 2

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 21:45
ŠO‘l“o˜^Ø–¾Ø is now invalid. (the system was changed on July 9th, 2012.)
it was valid until July 8th, 2015.
since you left Japan on Nov. 17th, 2013, you had to replace this card to "zairyu card" before you left.

if you want to have Ä“ü‘‹–‰ÂŠúŒÀØ–¾, the detail is here.
https://office-jang.com/ja/cert_of_the_re-entry_permit_dead_line
you need to do this at immigration office in Japan. paperwork itself seems to be easy.
do you have a friend in Japan ?
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 22:12
Yes, i do but he's not fluent in Japanese, so he might have touble in doing this procedure.
by Man Kumari (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/17 23:37
Can't you come to Japan as a tourist, then do the paper work.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/18 10:02
Let me give you correct Info. Ken, justmyday is also right.
You want to travel Japan after 4 years and your residence card has expired 3 years ago.
Your permanent residence card has expired while you are out of Japan. The PR holder cannot update the PR visa when he is out of Japan. That is rule.
Even though you have re entry permit of 5 years, you lost the PR status because you did not update PR visa when you are out of Japan. Now its complicated.
Airline is right. Because they check the rules for the visitors to Japan. Your zairyu card is expired.
Read this immigration lawyer`s site. It is the exact answer to your all question.
https://oishioffice.com/when-i-come-back-to-japan-after-staying-overse...
@guest... I would say, buy a new ticket with other airlines like air India , and this time donft show the residence card to them.
Air India will give you special treatment? No way. All airlines counters follow same rules for Japan. Please dont give wrong advice to Indians.
Dont think that PR holder can make entry anytime. Now a days its very strict. You are already out of Japan for 4 years and you have not paid tax.
by Guest55 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/18 10:13
@guest... I would say, buy a new ticket with other airlines like air India , and this time donft show the residence card to them.
One must show his residence card to airline counters. Why you are saying... not to show the residence card. The person cannot pass the check-in counter unless he present his residence card. Please dont give advice with half knowledge. Air india counter will also give same treatment. OK
by Guest55 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/18 10:45
@Guest55

The link absolutely does not say what you say it says. For one thing, it is about so-called "special re-entry permits", which are those you get at the airport before leaving and which are valid for one year. OP does not have one of those; he/she has a regular re-entry permit, obtained at an immigration office and valid for five years. Second, it says that you must re-enter before your status expires, which is correct but does not apply to OP because (as far as we know) his/her status is not expired, only the residence card is, which is a completely different thing for permanent residents (only for non-permanent residents are the expiration dates of the status and of the residence card the same).
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/18 12:26
The Japanese embassy here in nepal says you can travel to japan even though your card has expired but the airline doesn't allow me to board the plane. So what do i do? The immigration in Japan also says i can travel. But the airline is the hurdle here.

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/18 14:38
before you start, make sure that ANA accepts this certificate.

1. you delegate paperwork to your friend.
you: download this.
http://www.moj.go.jp/content/000099658.pdf
write it all by yourself. date and signature. scan it and send the scanned file to your friend. (because the site says a copy is OK.)
to make sure, you send the document you write to your friend by air mail.
friend: print the file you sent. (document A)

2. you also send the information by e-mail. a copy of passport (your ID and re-entry pages) and a copy of alien registration card. (documents B)

3. make application document. (document C)
friend : download this and print it.
http://www.moj.go.jp/content/000099657.pdf
write it by your friend.
write the reason something like that: ANA airline, at xxxx airport in India, refuses me board on their flight, by the reason of that my alien card was already expired, even though I have valid re-entry permit. if I show this certificate, they will board me on their plane.

4. your friend's IDs. (probably necessary)
your friend's passport and zairyu card. (those must be original).

5. go to immigration office near your friend. explain it.
if work well, they will give the document on the same day to your friend. probably no fee.
your friend sends it to you by air-mail.

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/18 15:00
Thank you for all this information. They said they accept this.

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/18 22:08
Man Kumari
Can you please update the experience at the immigration counter once you enter Japan so that other can know what happened and can benefit from this
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/18 23:18
Again i have a problem. Immigration said that re entry permit deadline certificate is only for lost re entry permit stamped passport not for expired zairyu card

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/20 07:59
I always updated my visa in Nagoya. I can ask information to immigration and provide you with useful information here. How you should get help from somebody? Do you have any friend in Japan? Which is your immigration where you were suppose to update visa? There must be some way.
by Chan40 rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/21 17:26
I am very curious why you don't ask the persons (immigration, embassy, and ANA), who say "No", the way of solving your problem. what you need to do is that you pass through their guidelines. you don't know their guidelines precisely, but they know. I think they know the solutions, because they have more experiences than you have.

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/10/22 10:40
One way around it is to buy a return ticket, travel as a tourist (tourist visa) and then get a refund on the return once you are in Japan and re-establish your resident status.
The issue for any airline is transporting someone without a valid status of residence or valid onward journey.
If you are denied entry to Japan, the airline has to transport you back, at their expense and are fined - it's an expensive business and they don't have to care about the finer points.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/11/4 18:17
For a tourist visa, do i have to provide invitor in Japan information and all the other documents or just the application form because i have the valid visa to japan. And for the purpose of stay in Japan just state about renewing the zairyu card.

Re: Permanent residence card expired 2018/11/5 08:46
You can travel on travel visa temporarily. You need some sponsor(say friends, relative)who is living in Japan. Come here on tourist visa and go to immigration and recover the residence status.
by Chan40 rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 36 of 36
prev
1 2

reply to this thread