Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 24 of 24
prev
1 2

Re: Gift tips to Japanese and travel 2019/9/8 17:50
Provided you take perfume for personal use, in relevant quantities, it won't be dutiable. If you take a lot of unopened bottles, customs might think you are wanting to sell it.

As an aside, note that most Japanese women (and men) don't wear perfume as westerners know it. You will almost never smell perfume out and about, and in fact I understand it is considered impolite to wear strong fragrances on the train or in other crowded places.

It's also quite difficult to buy underarm deoderant, it's worth taking a little supply of your favourite since you likely won't be able to get it.
by Who? (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gift tips to Japanese and travel 2019/9/8 23:06
Ok, thanks for info... I didn't know that, might leave it here at home then to also save some weight...

anyway, I have decided to live in tokyo before I will go to my host family in saitama prefecture... any recommendations where to stay for 2 nights? preferbly a hotel since i need access to a fridge in the room. I simply want to explore and get to know the city, and maybe visit some shrines and other places.

Also, suica card is best option for those 2 days ye? Since from the host family to the school I will get a commuter pass, but other then that I will need a suica card for the overall trips if I am not wrong right?
by Kristian92 rate this post as useful

Re: Gift tips to Japanese and travel 2019/9/9 00:15
Ok, thanks for info... I didn't know that, might leave it here at home then to also save some weight...

anyway, I have decided to live in tokyo before I will go to my host family in saitama prefecture... any recommendations where to stay for 2 nights? preferbly a hotel since i need access to a fridge in the room. I simply want to explore and get to know the city, and maybe visit some shrines and other places.

Also, suica card is best option for those 2 days ye? Since from the host family to the school I will get a commuter pass, but other then that I will need a suica card for the overall trips if I am not wrong right?

Re: Gift tips to Japanese and travel 2019/9/9 00:16
Eh, woot, someone my message got doubled again a little later? didn't mean to post again, was some bugg sry..

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 24 of 24
prev
1 2

reply to this thread