Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 31 of 31
prev
1 2

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/25 01:13
i managed to book a room at Hotel JAL City Haneda Tokyo. They have free shuttle from airport. not cheap (10,893 yen) but for me is acceptable so my parents can rest comfortably.

The next morning we will head to the city and get better hotel there. still planning our itinerary
by wanw84 rate this post as useful

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/25 01:16
we are heading to tokyo the next morning.

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/25 01:38
As PPs said, if you are going to stay in Tokyo afterwards, it might be worthwhile in looking into a hotel directly in Tokyo and get there that evening. Just one less change of accomodation. Others suggested Shinagawa area, it's fine, it's just not a terribly convenient area for a longer stay in Tokyo.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/25 01:42
If im traveling with friends or myself, i would go directly to tokyo and book a room there. but in this case, i have to consider my parent's condition after 7 hours flight. if it wasn't late at night, i don't mind go straight to the city.

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/25 03:09
Hotel near Haneda vs. hotel in the central city: the difference in travel time is only 10 to 30 minutes (depending on where exactly in the city you mean). Unlike Narita airport, Haneda is in Tokyo. It is a hassle to stay in a hotel for just one night (with a late check-in, and check-out next morning).
by Konawaena (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/25 10:16
wanw84,

Haneda Airport is in central Tokyo. Please, please, take a good look at the map.

Even if you prefer stay closer to the very center, such as the Shinagawa Station area, the last Keikyu train from Haneda International Terminal will leave a 0:01 am, if it were on a September weekday, and this train will arrive at Shinagawa Station at 0:22 am. The fare is only 410 yen one way per person. If you take a taxi, it will be about 4,000 yen per car.

Shinagawa is an extremely convenient area. On the internet, I even see a hotel priced as cheap as 5,124 yen. If you take a taxi directly to this hotel, it may cost you less than the 10,893 yen you are willing to pay for the airport hotel. And your parents won't have to be transferred to a different hotel on the next day.

Think well.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/25 23:56
alright. will look more into it

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/25 23:58
i remembered there's a website that shows the train schedule. what is the name of the website?

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/26 05:15
i remembered there's a website that shows the train schedule. what is the name of the website?

Hyperdia?
Google maps?
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/26 11:28
I always stay in Shinagawa area...contrary to what others say it is VERY convenient to all parts of Tokyo, it is on the Yamanote loop line that circles Tokyo, has several subway lines close by and has a Shinkansen stop when heading south. It is easy access to station from most hotels (I always stay at Prince Sakura Tower, a 5 minute walk to the station).

When I arrive into Haneda, if I use a taxi, it is never more than Y5000 for 1,2,3 or even 4 people. That equates to $45, to get from the airport to the hotel.

I would highly suggest a hotel in Shinagawa area and a taxi from Haneda.

When you are tired from travel, have parents to shepherd, luggage, etc. late at night, this is by far a preferable way to go....

S
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

Re: Arrived at haneda late at night 2019/9/26 21:04
i managed to book a room at Hotel JAL City Haneda Tokyo. They have free shuttle from airport. not cheap (10,893 yen) but for me is acceptable so my parents can rest comfortably.

Once I had stayed at this hotel. It is a nice hotel as a mid-high range "business hotel". As far as I know 10893 yen should be normal for the single room (with a 100-140 cm wide bed) for normal weekday. If your booked room is a double (or small double) room, you can't stay as three members. I am sorry but I recommend you to check your booking details.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 31 of 31
prev
1 2

reply to this thread