Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 29 of 29
prev
1 2

Re: Coronavirus and Flights 2020/3/19 16:25
"you ignored the request to self isolate for 2 weeks"

when you are positive and not follow the request and they find your rule ignorance, you might be investigated as a suspect of crime and you might be sued by the places where you get in, when it is proved that someone is infected by you.
https://www2.ctv.co.jp/news/2020/03/18/84886/
this person was dead after he makes someone infected and I believe that no one thinks sorry for his death. in Japanese, it is called as Ž©‹ÆŽ©“¾.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coronavirus and Flights 2020/3/19 22:21
Hi everyone, thank you all for your responses. But it seems that British People coming on a tourist visa cannot enter the country anymore until May.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/japan/entry-requirements
The government website pretty much states this. I'll need to change my flight now from April to May instead. I'm gutted, because the flights in May returning in August cost a whole lot more.
by Goosie rate this post as useful

Re: Coronavirus and Flights 2020/3/20 02:48
Airfare is higher in August because of the Olympics.

Personally, if I were you I would see if you could get on a flight before the 21st and then quarantine with your girlfriend. Nothing tells you whether you should really get married or not like self-quarantining with the person you love. And no, I am not being facetious I generally limit how much info I share here because I don't want to get doxxed but...

My senior year of college I spent a month pretty much just with my future spouse. We ate all meals together, we did a school project together, we shared a room and slept together. I think over that month we might have possibly spent 6 hours apart. I've now been married a long time.

In regards to all the people who keep posting, "but I feel healthy" and "I feel fine" that is the problem with this virus. Some people are asymptomatic. It can take 5-14 days to go from "I feel fine" to being sick. We all must be cautious.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Coronavirus and Flights 2020/3/20 02:58
@rkold
That's a touching little story, warmed my heart lol.
I would have loved to got a flight for the 21st, but it's the 20th tomorrow and let's say I get a flight for tomorrow, when I land in Japan it would be the 21st of March already because it takes me 12 hours to fly their and then the time difference is 9 hours. Unfortunately, it would be just out of time.
I don't really have a plan anymore. I think I could just cancel my flight and then rebook for a flight in May. But who knows, maybe it'll be the same in May. Maybe the same in June too, and July.
My faith and hope have both been crushed at the same time.

Re: Coronavirus and Flights 2020/3/20 04:20
@Goosie

Hello again Goosie x) we spoke before in a previous topic.
We are still on the same boat eh~. I too planed to go to Japan this April to get married there but this Corona..x/
However unlike your case I needed a visa Wich I picked up 2 days ago and I have 1 month in 3months. It will expire on June 15th x)
I bought a ticket through Qatar Airways on 6th of April but apparently my country now blocked all flights and major airlines,so I have no other way but to wait. I don't want to lose the visa without using it x(
Hmn..I wonder if it possible to visit Japan on 10th of June for example and stay 20 days past my expired visa.

Times are hard man x_x!

by Shenron rate this post as useful

Re: Coronavirus and Flights 2020/4/20 23:39
@Shenron
Times are most definitely hard. I'm not sure about your countries embassy, but the British Embassy in Tokyo also stopped doing all notorial and documentary services. They are the services I require to have my certificate of affirmation signed by a member of the embassy so that I can get married in Japan.
So not only do I need to wait for my country (UK) to be allowed to travel to Japan again, but I need the embassy to start doing appointments again. I don't know when they will start again.
You should definitely check up with your embassy in the country before travelling, just in case. Maybe travel becomes an option but the embassy is still essentially closed for what you need it for.
Really stressful times, the uncertainty of when I will be able to see my future-wife again is really crippling. I'm not sure when to even re-book my flight. I'm considering August, the virus won't have stopped by then surely, but maybe the countries will start opening up again.
What do you think?

Re: Coronavirus and Flights 2020/4/21 07:58
Nobody knows what will happen in a few months, your assumption that flights may go again or countries are opening again is something I would not risk.
In China and South Korea the second wave of corona is happening.
Maybe you should just wait till everything goes better than taking the risk of traveling and spread the virus.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Coronavirus and Flights 2020/4/21 08:35
Japan is currently seeing a rise in cases - their curve is not flattening yet - so I would not hold out hope for being able to enter Japan any time soon. Some countries like Australia are planning to keep their international borders closed until the end of the year, and they have far fewer cases! No sensible country wants to risk a second, potentially worse, wave of the virus.

At times like this, don't think about how much of an inconvenience this is to you - think about how you could put others in danger if you do travel during this time. It's hard to be separated from loved ones, but we are all experiencing that at this time.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Coronavirus and Flights 2020/4/21 14:29
I donft think August is necessarily a safe bet. What wefre hearing in the UK is that some measures will remain in place throughout the year. While international travel will not be the last thing to become possible again, it definitely wonft be the first. I cancelled my summer trip. My new flight is in November. Whether or not Ifll actually get to go in November Ifm not sure. Maybe Ifll have to postpone again, but Ifm about 50% confident it will be okay. Basically nobody knows what will happen, but I think we will be extremely lucky to get reach a point where we can start going on holiday before the summer is over.
by J (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 29 of 29
prev
1 2

reply to this thread