Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

Re: Feedback on my 3-Week Japan Itinerary 2021/6/15 15:08
@RobBeer, there is also longer baggage storage available at Tokyo station:
http://www.tokyostationcity.com/en/information/locker.html
Up to 2 weeks.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Feedback on my 3-Week Japan Itinerary 2021/6/15 17:02
Tsoeder: ahhhc You are a photographer. Some of the travel makes more sense, like just stopping at Kanazawa.

Just a reminder about daylight. The average sunrise in Tokyo in November is 6:15, and sunset is 4:46. Most shrines open around 10:00, and will close around 4:00, but you can get there early than 10:00, and get photographs before the crowds get too large. This also means that as long as you are just taking photos, youfre tourism time can be stretched a little bit more than usually possible in November.

I remember being on an extended family vacation in Yellowstone, and being viewed as some sort of alien, when I wanted to get up early enough to take photographs of the Grand Tetons during the morning eMagic hourf. We were planning on lunch in Jackson hole, but I think I was up and out of our cabin at least five hours before the others cousins left theirs.

I would suggest using the time after sunset, to get to you next location, so that you can take advantage of morning magic hour. Since I have seen photographs of the gate at night, I will assume that the Tori gate at Kanazawa station will be lit up.

After leaving Disney, I would suggest not stopping in Mishima, and going to Fuji to stay overnight. This is assuming that you are getting a hotel room, and not staying with someone. The Shinkansen will start running at 6:00, and you may be able to get your photo before you eat breakfast.

When I went to Kyoto, I got up just after sunrise, and went to the bamboo forest. It was great for taking photographs, as there were only 1-2 people walking around. It was wonderful.

One on the reasons I included Takachiho on my November trip, is to photograph the cloud inversion called ethe sea of cloudsf.

Overall, you pacing makes a little more sense.
Good Luck.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread