Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

Re: Recommend a quieter Tokyo neighborhood? 2023/8/23 17:15
I really liked Mitaka near Tokio (it is the place where is Ghibli museum). Beautiful park, very calm, small town feeling really.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Recommend a quieter Tokyo neighborhood? 2023/8/23 18:40
For example, if you choose to stay in Kichijoji, I recommend you to stay at the southern side of Kichijoji Station, because then you'd be able to walk to Inokashira-koen Station without going through the busy part of the town.

You can still walk to the Harmonica-yokocho side of Kichijoji by choosing less crowded streets rather than to go straight through the busy Kichijoji Station.

From Inokashira-koen Station, you can ride the train to peaceful places like Shimokitazawa Station, rather than to go all the way to the hustle and bustle of Shibuya or Shinjuku.

Here are photos old and new of Inokashira-koen Station.
https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=559344913&rlz=1C1SQJL_jaJP909JP9...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Recommend a quieter Tokyo neighborhood? 2023/8/24 08:09
Thank you all for the wonderful recommendations! I have many tabs open on my computer of all your suggestions and I will spend some time looking into them. I'm really excited about exploring some quieter parts of Tokyo!
by MadonnaEv rate this post as useful

Re: Recommend a quieter Tokyo neighborhood? 2023/9/13 16:55
The city of Yokosuka in Kanagawa Prefecture, located just south of Tokyo, offers a quiet alternative for your stay. As a historic port community, it possesses a relaxed atmosphere. There are many beautiful parks and gardens in Yokosuka. If I want to be alone, I would ride my bike and go south of the city to a peaceful farmland with lighter traffic.
by samuelwilliams rate this post as useful

Re: Recommend a quieter Tokyo neighborhood? 2023/10/22 21:54
For a quieter Tokyo experience, I'd recommend Shimokitazawa. It's a charming, low-key neighborhood with a bohemian atmosphere. You can take leisurely walks, enjoy local parks, savor great food in intimate settings, and explore the neighborhood's unique character. It's well-connected to other parts of Tokyo, so you can still access the city's sights without the hustle and bustle.
by Filip22 rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

reply to this thread