Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 24 of 24
prev
1 2

Re: Our week in Kyoto in late May 2024/2/10 08:39
Just back to zen experiences, one of the most peaceful temples (or maybe atmospheric is a better description) I have been to in Kyoto is actually in one of the most ferally busy areas.

Probably one of the highlights of our November stay in Kyoto (a few nights in Arashiyama, a few in Gion) was Senkoji temple. Bearing in mind that Arashiyama was literally swarming with visitors (it was hard to even cross the bridge during the day), the walk to Senkoji was nice as not as many people walk that side of the river, then by the time we were going up the stairs to the temple (moderate exercise, not challenging) people were few and far between, by the time we got to the temple and lookout there were only 2 other people there.

The temple itself is a touch on the spooky side, I loved it. The views from there over the hills and river are fantastic.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Our week in Kyoto in late May 2024/2/12 20:24
Kitano flea market is fun for sure, and also quite tireing if you want to check all stalls.
Lots of people, both locals and foreigners. Takes few hours, and you can eat there as well. I actually made best founds (ceramics) when left the market (small street between market and big road).
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Our week in Kyoto in late May 2024/2/13 05:35
that is great to know. thanks!
by Plambers rate this post as useful

Re: Our week in Kyoto in late May 2024/3/14 01:49
would you recommend kitano market or kamignao market? which is better? easier to get to? it would be our first full day in kyoto. what things are nearby these markets please?
by Plambers rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 24 of 24
prev
1 2

reply to this thread