Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 28 of 28
prev
1 2

'Unrecognised UIM' 2007/1/11 01:14
have stuck a '3' SIM card in it and no luck. Phone says 'Unrecognised UIM'. They have a slightly different SIm I think. Still researching that one.
All FOMA phones are SIM locked. You can't use your local SIM.

by Khan rate this post as useful

eBay 2007/1/15 19:13
Hi there, I'm asking about the likelyhood of a P900iV being unlocked. There is one guy on eBay with the user Hyperkent who has been selling P900iV phones, and they are described as unlocked and listed under cell phones without contract. What is the likelyhood of these phones being able to be used outside Japan?
I'm merely curious about this is all.
by N. Leirbas rate this post as useful

. 2007/1/16 02:42
I think likelyhood is next to zero.

- Generally speaking, there is no reliable information that P900iV can
be unlocked.

- The seller does not show images where P900iV is actually working with
a non-DoCoMo SIM. I would not believe it unless a non-DoCoMo phone
number is shown.

- The description says "Unlocked" and "Never Opened", which is
inconsistent.

- If you live in North America; I don't think FOMA phones work with NA
W-CDMA network even if really unlocked because radio frequency is
different. (Japan/EU: 2.1GHz, NA: 1.9GHz)
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

. 2007/1/16 04:52
Actually I live in the UK, but I assume its just the same over here. And you're right, it doesnt make sense, although on the auction I saw it only said new, not new never opened. Thanx for the help though!

. 2007/1/16 19:00
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

. 2007/1/16 20:07
I do it through the uk ebay website, but yes thats it. Ah well, I'll start looking for a different phone lol.

P900iv 2007/10/3 09:10
My brother has a friend that is Japanese. I am having her get information about unlocking the phone next time she takes a trip to Japan. As of now, though, I can't get the freaking thing to work. And I know it isn't the same, but the Nokia N93 (I believe) Is very similar to the p900iv. It costs a pretty penny or two... but, yeah...
by EH rate this post as useful

u.S. 2008/2/19 05:14
will it work in the u.S.
by Abdula rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 28 of 28
prev
1 2

reply to this thread