Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 40 of 40
prev
1 2

used laptop in Osaka 2006/7/10 18:38
Hi!
Here was said, that Osaka is good for buying a laptop. Can somebody tell where exactly in Osaka I can find used laptop and nearly how much it will cost?
Thank you!
by Nataliya rate this post as useful

you might want to make your own? 2006/7/22 02:00
http://arkpc.blog71.fc2.com/

PC hardware store in Akihabara, Japan
by nobody rate this post as useful

Buying laptop in Shibuya 2006/11/23 05:21
Hello

Im staying in Shibuya for two days
Im looking for a laptop not more then 400 pounds,Doesnt matter which model and year.

Thank you
by Lana rate this post as useful

A good up to date laptop 2007/2/12 20:36
Hi. can anyone tell me where to get a up-to-date laptop with a windows vista operating system? Also with a inter centrino duo etc..
(not secondhand)
by Aadit rate this post as useful

.... 2007/2/12 20:38
In tokyo that is....

Thanks
by Aadit rate this post as useful

SONY vaio with English OS And Software 2007/2/28 20:09
Any one can help me where in Japan OSAKA can find a new laptop such as SONY VAIO with English OS and English setp Softwaer for international user?
by JK rate this post as useful

buy used laptop 2007/3/11 05:09
I am going to Japan in April 2 2007 for education in Yamaguchi University. I want to buy secondhand Laptop in Japan, but do not know how to buy. What is the price?
Please, advise me how to purchase?
Thanks.
by morteza yavari rate this post as useful

To JK 2007/3/11 18:14
Osaka's version of Akihabara is called Denden town- you should find what you want in one of the electronics shops there.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Secondhand laptop 2007/3/11 19:58
Morteza,

I want to buy secondhand Laptop in Japan, but do not know how to buy.

Larger electrical stores usually have a secondhand section. Just look around when you arrive.

What is the price?

Depends on the model.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

new laptop in tokyo 2007/3/17 14:16
whats the price of new laptop in tokyo with a config...of 1GB RAM, 100+ Harddisk , and all other things with a good display card....
by Prasad rate this post as useful

import english laptop? 2007/4/11 17:46
My sister's living close to Kyoto City and she's teaching English in Japan for a year.

She wants a laptop but needs it to be in English (keyboard and language). Is it best to import one (which I guess will be expensive) or is there somewhere she can go? Thanks!
by Steeveecee rate this post as useful

Re: English laptop 2007/4/13 12:37
Buy a Japanese laptop and install an English version of the OS on it afterwards.

Japanese keyboards have roman letters so it won't be a problem to type. Keyboard layout is slightly different but laptops usually have unique layouts anyway.
by koan rate this post as useful

. 2007/4/14 05:53
Some manufacturers (Toshiba, Lenovo/IBM, Dell, Sony etc.) may be selling English laptops on-line.

This site is also selling English laptops.
http://www.pctokyo.com/1/home.html

There may be some stores that deal with English laptops in Nipponbashi, Osaka.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

RE: import english laptop? 2007/4/18 22:02
Great, thank-you for your suggestions!
by Steeveecee rate this post as useful

about security camera 2007/5/19 03:11
I want to buy security camera for use in the shop.But i dont know how to buy it.Please tell me.
by mai rate this post as useful

Buy Laptop 2007/8/12 19:33
Hi,
is is possible to buy a laptop at very cheap rate in Japan.I can not spare more on new right now?
Can someone help me on that urgently.
bye
by Abhijit rate this post as useful

help 2007/10/20 22:05
Hello,
I have a simple question.. I'm planing to go to Tokyo in a month, to work.. Since I don't have a laptop I plane to buy one there.. My question is: Can I buy regular new laptop, with qwertz keyboard, win xp operating system on english.. It's a bit silly question, but I have to be shoure, otherwise I will have to buy one here where it's much expensiver..
So if anyone can help, i would be gratefull! :)
by turist rate this post as useful

Used Laptops in Tokyo 2007/11/8 10:29
There are several places to search for used laptops in Tokyo.
Akihabara shops is option #1, but according to my experience, the quality/price ratio is too low. They sell used laptops for about 60-70% of their initial value, it is still quite expensive, and if you want to spend that much money, you can buy a new one with guarantee and all the stuff.
Option #2 is Yahoo auctions at yahoo.co.jp. It is much better in terms of quality/price.
Option #3 is to find someone who wants to sell his laptop (forums, blogs, etc.).
by Boris rate this post as useful

qwertz laptops in Japan 2007/11/8 10:34
Hi Turist,

Buying a qwertz laptop might be quite difficult in Japan. In 3 years I am here I have not seen one yet.

I bought a laptop with Japanese keyboard layout and installed English XP on it. Works fine, I have English, Japanese and Russian layouts and no problems whatsoever.
If you come to Japan for a long time, this would be a better option, since you will probably need Japanese input.
by Boris rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/8 11:07
Japanese keyboards are qwerty keyboards. It is the OS that allows you to easily switch character sets.

Typing on in English on a Japanese keyboard is the same except for the special character keys which are in different places.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 40 of 40
prev
1 2

reply to this thread