Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 32 of 32
prev
1 2

Katakana 2007/3/22 12:58
My name is very easy in Katakana - my Shodo teacher showed it to me....

マーラ

by Mara rate this post as useful

Hieu 2007/11/25 20:29
Hi, my name is Trung Hieu.
how i would say and write it in japanese characters.
Plz Romaji. Thanks very much
by Trung Hieu rate this post as useful

Name in Japanese 2007/11/25 21:24
Trung,

If it is a Vietnamese name, then I think it would normally be written as follows.

トゥルン・ヒュー
Turun Hyuu
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Hieu 2007/11/25 22:32
oh, that's Vietnamese name. Thank you. I tried translate my name on http://www.keiichianimeforever.com/culture/japanese/nametran...
. And my name is Toran Haiyu - トラン ハイユ :D
by Hieu rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/6 18:22
I would also like to know my name...or maybe even a good nickname for myself in japanese :)

my name is sharon
would it be pronounced she-ren, shi-e-re-n, or something different?
by *_* (guest) rate this post as useful

To Sharon, 2009/3/6 18:36
"Sharon" would be "sha-ro-n," written in katakana as シャロン.

When it comes to how it may be pronounced, the first "sha" may be closer to "shu" part in the English word "shun," with the mouth not as wide open as in English, and the "r" sound would not be with obviously rolled tongue. The "r" sound in Japanese may sound like a cross between R and L and D (with the tongue lightly touching the root of the upper front teeth).
by AK rate this post as useful

My name in jpn pls... 2009/3/9 05:29
Now I'm curious...Can anyone tell me how my Chinese name would be pronounced in Japanese?

Name: コ迅
Surname: 吴

Thanks!
by Fical (guest) rate this post as useful

To Fical - Japanese Pronouciation 2009/3/9 06:15
Fical,

Your surname is also common in Japan in certain areas especially in souther Japan and Okinawa.

Here are the pronounciation.

Surname: ホ "Go" or "Kure"

(there is a city name Kure near Hiroshima)

Name: オツムク " Toku Haya "

or " Toku Jin "

although the second would be odd because it uses the On yomi and Kun yomi together.

Chinese can use characters to replace Western names. Unfortunately, Japanese use Katagana so my name "Peterson" cannot have Kanji.

Chad

by chadpeterson rate this post as useful

To Fical - typo problem 2009/3/9 06:19
Fical,

I copied and pasted your Chinese characters to my post and the result came out different so I apologized.

I don't have a computer here in United States that generates Chinese characters even though I downloaded and tried the Microsoft special fonts.

So please ignore the funny fonts that came out next to your surname and given names.

Best wishes to Kure Tokuhaya san.

Chad
by chadpeterson rate this post as useful

...... 2009/3/10 06:51
Thanks, Chad-san! Appreciate it. Best wishes to you as well. =)
by Fical (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/3/13 00:29
Just type into google "your name in japanese" and click on the first link. That site is the one I used and it's great! It has a lot of names that it can change into the japanese pronounciation, for example my name is Uriel- pretty rare eh? so I typed it in and got back 'Yuurieru' problem solved.
by Me, who else? (guest) rate this post as useful

My turn 2009/3/21 00:12
What would this be in Japanese?

Surname: 顔 
Name: 偉祥

Thanks a lot.
by Bungy (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 32 of 32
prev
1 2

reply to this thread