Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 33 of 33
prev
1 2

Which pass to buy for 4days in Tokyo 2007/9/17 20:26
I be in Tokyo for 4days. Planning to go to interesting places in Odaiba, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harujuku, Disneyland and Asakusa.

Do you think its better to buy day passes or just single tickets?

If yes,what kind of pass i shld buy?

Thxx
by Jana rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/17 23:13
The places you mentioned criss cross over Tokyo and out of Tokyo and covered by mulitple railway companies. SO you're better off paying as you go (or purchasing a Suica or PASMO card), with a Suica or Pasmo card, you don't have to worry about purchasing a new ticket each time, just use the card, and recharge the card when it runs low or out of money.
by John rate this post as useful

What is Tokyo MetroPass? 2007/9/18 14:24
Thxx John for your advice.

How abt the Yamanote line? Is there any day pass?

Where can i get details on Tokyo Metro pass?

Thanxxx

. 2007/9/18 14:36
The yamanote is JR it is covered by by the Tokunai pass which covers JR trains in central tokyo, there's also a Tokyo Metro pass that covers 8 of the 12 subway lines, then theres a TOEI pass that covers 4 of the 12 lines. cost around 700-730yen depending on which one you get. Theres even one that covers all of the lines, but that is 1580 (this is the most unlikely one you'll want to get):

All covered here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html

Again, it depends on where you're traveling each day and where from, paying as you go might come out cheaper most of the time.

buy single fare 2007/9/18 15:43
Thank you John

I guess i will just buy single fare for all my travels in Tokyo.

Rgds
Jana

marunouchi line 2007/9/22 15:15
Hi John,

i hv do some survey and note that each trip would cost average 190yen. There for if in a day i need to make a trip of 4x then the cost will be 760yen. Whereas the metro pass for two days will cost me 980yen.

If i purchase the Tokyo MEtro pass can i use it for the following line:-

1)Marunouchi line
2) Ginza Line
3) Hibiya Line
4) Yurakucho Line

Thxxxx

. 2007/9/22 21:28
The tokyo metro pass covers 8 of the 12 tokyo subway lines.

8 are covered by Tokyo Metro:
Chiyoda
Ginza
Hibiya
Marunouchi
Namboku
Tōzai
Yūrakuchō
Hanzōmon

4 are covered by TOEI.
Asakusa
Mita
Oedo
Shinjuku

With the Tokyo Metro Pass you can't use Toei (or any other lines, eg JR lines (yamanote etc))

Yamanote day pass 2007/9/24 14:18
Thxx a lot John. Thats great. Therefore i think its better for me to get the Tokyo Metro 2 day pass. But only think its the lines are quite confusing.

Yamanote line are easier but do they have day passes?

Tokunai or Metro pass 2007/9/24 15:11
Hi John,

Sorie i think earlier post u alredi inform Yamanote is Tokunai..confused with so many lines/passes.

I be staying at Ikebukuro, which is better Tokunai or Metro pass?

As i hv 4days in Tokyo (1day in MT Fuji, 1 day disney) i left with 2days to move arnd to cover tokyo.
Thxx again John

. 2007/9/24 20:35
Mt. Fuji and Disney are not in Tokyo, so none of those passes will cover out to those places.

The two days you actually have in Tokyo in Ikebukuro, as I mention numerious times, it depends where you plan to visit in Tokyo those days to see if you want to either pay, single fare tickets, or a day pass for JR, or Tokyo Metro etc.

Thx John 2007/9/24 22:15
Thxxx John..sorie to trouble you. I'm just confuse with the passes and the lines that the cover. U hv really help a lot.

Thxxx again.

Tokunai Pass okay for JR Chuo Line? 2007/11/25 00:25
sorry to add on with another question, but i have tried searching the forums with no specific answer to my question. i will be staying with my friend who is at Tachikawa, so i think i will take the JR Chuo Line alot. will getting a Tokunai Pass be possible? i intend to visit places that are on the JR Yamanote Line like Shinjuku and Harajuku. thank you!
by shannen rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/25 08:37
No, Tachikawa is outside of the Tokyo 23-ku and is not covered by the Tokunai.

But there is the "Tokunai Free Kippu", that gives you a round trip from Tachikawa into central Tokyo and unlimited use of JR trains within central Tokyo. It is valid on one day and costs 1300 yen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 33 of 33
prev
1 2

reply to this thread