Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

only positive experiences 2007/12/21 09:27
I am male with blond hair and some people looked at me at trains and trains stations. A few even came talking to me and wanted to know about my country, why did I come to Japan and things like that. At a train station in Tokyo, a couple of schoolgirls followed me for a while and giggled. I was lost so I kept turning and looking around and when I turned their way, they laughed and said something to each other. I don't speak any Japanese but maybe it was something like "Oh no, he noticed us!" and then they hurried away. It was the funniest thing, although I didn't mean to scare them.

Another girl kept looking at me in a train in a neutral kind of way. She didn't stare but glanced every now and then. It didn't bother me at all.

All the attention I got was only positive. Besides asking about my country, people came to offer for help in train stations, Umeda building etc. I'm really thankful for this. These people had their own lives and own things to do, and they saw a foreigner who perhaps looked like he's lost and they came to ask if they can help me. It was so nice.

And it's also the reason I travel. To meet people and talk to them. One guy wanted to practice English with me and I was happy to talk to him because he seemed like a nice, friendly person.

The best in Japan are the Japanese people.
by not a cat rate this post as useful

. 2007/12/21 10:24
I am male, 1.83 meters tall, blonde hair and bueish-grey eyes. Sometimes people look at me a bit longer, but I wouldn't call it staring and I sometimes do the same thing.
A few times people did start talking to me, but they didn't stare at me before and it was usually because of something I did or had with me, for instance one time I reviewed kanji cards on a train and an older lady asked me in english where I bought them.

The weirdest expierience for me was one time in autumn in Shibuya, I was walking through the streets wearing a shirt by a rock band that shows a colorful "third eye" in the center. A woman in her twenties that was walking by me stopped and stared at the eye for two seconds or so with a surprised look on her face (big eyes ^^). As I realised this and started smiling at her, she smiled back at me, laughed and hurried onward, probably afraid that I could say something in english. Well, if she wouldn't have hurried away, I would have asked her in japanese if she liked it. Her loss. ^^
by Haf rate this post as useful

winked 2007/12/22 05:12
Apollo, the proper spelling is heterosexual. Blowing kisses to strangers isn't usual for gay guys, and much less for straight ones!! you may think that people are starring at you when in fact they only glance in your direction!
is Apollo your real name or
are you THAT conceited? that might explain the whole thing. at any rate when your looks have faded in a few years no one will look at you anymore.
by Red Frog rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

reply to this thread