Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

KFC???? 2007/8/31 15:43
It seems like in Japan kfc the chicken is cooked at to low a temperature. that is what allows it to soak up the oil. they need someone from the HQ to retrain them on how to cook kfc
by dadog rate this post as useful

よんでください 2007/9/1 16:10
Sounds a bit like New Zealand KFC
by ジョセフ rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/8 20:35
I reckon its purely coincidental that people find the KFC chicken to be better or worst in Japan.

To me its got much more to do with oil quality at that particular time, especially how many pieces of chicken that batch of oil has already been used for frying.

Don't forget that everytime a big batch of chicken is put in it drops the oil temperature as well and inevitably a succession of large batches being prepared will make them more oily.

By the way I heard that KFC is very popular in Okinawa for some unknown reason. Why do they love unhealthy food such as KFC and SPAM so much? lol

by Blanc rate this post as useful

to Blanc 2007/9/10 11:32
Okinawa? Maybe because there are a lot more Americans than any other area of Japan...
by . rate this post as useful

US influence 2007/9/11 21:55
Okinawans are on their way from being the longest-lived Japanese to the shortest, and having the highest obesity rates. Some researchers attribute this to the change from a traditional diet to a fast-food diet. You can't entirely blame it on the US influence because what people eat is a matter of personal choice.

Spam was introduced here after WWII when the whole population was starving so they ate it gladly. I guess they acquired a taste for it too (fat, salt, yummmm...) and it is having the same effect on Okinawans as on other Pacific Islanders.

Fast foods are a slightly different story. There may be more outlets in Okinawa per square mile than in the rest of Japan because of the US military presence, but I think the truth is that Japanese love those Big Macs just like Americans do, and when there's demand for a product, investors will make sure it is supplied. Personally I am totally pissed that they have discontinued the tasty 100-yen McChicken and replaced it with an undercooked and unflavorful slab of ground pork.
by Steve rate this post as useful

Differences in KFC around the world 2007/10/31 09:13
I do notice the taste differences in KFC around the world. The best KFC I've had was in Malaysia where the chicken were really juicy and fresh.

The worst was in Japan, where the chicken tasted like they were overnight food, soaked in oil.

My friend use to work at KFC Singapore during the vacations and he told me that the marshed potato gravy had chicken oil as one of its ingredient!
by Funshine rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

reply to this thread