Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

Is TUJ really that bad? 2011/5/7 22:13
I am shocked at all the entries that I got to read here and now I am really confused. I got accepted to TUJ and I am also a scholarship recipient but having read all of that I am confused now because even after the scholarship i still need 2 million yen to make it to Japan as I am an international student. I could apply somewhere else and not go to TUJ at all but that would mean starting from scratch and I seriously don't want to go through the entire college application process again..I have already taken a year gap and thats why I really dont know what to do...If anybody can guide me I will be really really really really grateful..
by Falah (guest) rate this post as useful

Be careful! 2011/7/5 19:37
Although I researched to a great extent through online and personal student accounts, I do have to say my answer may come with bias. I believe if you wish for a better quality of education (especially in Japanese), than APU would be a better choice. TUJ simply had my vote based on location and dual accreditation (although they'd better have with that kind of sticker price).

I say I am biased based on the fact that applied to TUJ and was not accepted. I can understand since my high school grades were below 3.0 and my SAT scores were barley average. I did not take school very serious then because I did not believe college was a possible future for me at the time. I had hoped that some college would be enough to prove but did not send ALL my transcripts from another an additional UNI. (might have been eligible to request as a transfer).

I would recommend visiting Tokyo on vacation first to get any get a feel of the city first and make sure it's more than a want. A vacation in Tokyo for two weeks would be advisable. TUJ would cost about 30,000+ USD a year. I certainly hope no one is foolish enough to go past that in debt, unless they are majoring in the medical field (maybe brain surgery). Then again the best schools for those are in the U.S
I wouldn't recommend TUJ, unless daddy really loves or you have an awesome scholarship and some spending money (I planned on using the new GI BILL). Ifll chalk my luck up to the big man having somewhere better for me.
by Meiji Vet rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread