Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

. 2008/4/27 14:51
So what you don't think the US or England or any where else has the same thing and the same problem with their law officials and you're still not Japanese and still don't have many of the same rights.

It doesn't matter what other countries do, the topic is Japanese Police. Two wrongs in another country doesn't make it right for Japan to do it.

The topic was about the police checking someone who isn't doing anything wrong (eg just standing on a train platform waiting for the next train), Japanese regulation state there must be reasonable cause.

Its an underlying race/ethnicity issue in Japan, 5 Japanese people go by riding bikes, but the one that looks obviously foreign gets stopped and "checked" out.
Check out other stories on the net.

by John rate this post as useful

shin okubo and ikebukuro 2008/5/2 11:05
2 years ago, i also got stopped a total of 4 times in Ikebukuro and Shin Okubo stations. Cops are plainclothes, come in pairs at least, and show a badge. They don't approach at the same time; one draws near while the other one keeps distance. They were very polite, and showed their badges and ID's again when I asked if they were real cops.
It's pretty harmless *until* someone pretends to be a cop and runs away with your card. An incident like that came out on the news, but it has never happened to anyone I know.
by ian78 rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread