Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 9: Posts 21 - 40 of 180
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
next

Training, HELL ?? 2004/10/17 17:28
Liddy I'm sorry to hear it was Hell for you during training. I had such a GOOD time there. My group was awesome. We has so much fun. The good old Bakery @ Hongo & the Japanese Pubs nearby...
by kawaii rate this post as useful

Training accomodation 2004/10/17 17:42
Oops! a typo there in the last message, I meant "We HAD so much fun"... anyway.
Also to answer Colaweizen's question you might not get to stay in a hotel. It all depends where you're being trained. If Nagoya, it's one of those apartments. Still good though. Are you coming in November?
by kawaii rate this post as useful

Training accomodations 2004/10/19 00:44
Hey! Yes, I do start training in November.

Say do you have to share a room during training?
by Colaweizen rate this post as useful

Training 2004/10/19 14:52
My training expereince was a lot of work, but also the best time too. If you are lucky and get a hotel you get your own room. If in company rooms, then 2 to a room. Training rocks, i know both the trainers so whoever you get will be really really good! good luck... you know where you are going to be put in Japan?
by Trevor rate this post as useful

Training stuff 2004/10/21 09:02
Yeah, I got placed in Nagoya
so I'll probably end up training in Nagoya. Man, I was really hoping for a hotel room! hahaha.

Health Insurance w/ Peppy's 2004/10/24 01:42
Would you recommend going with the AIU health insurance that Peppy's offers? In their prep package they recommend purchasing insurance before you depart for Japan. The thing is I'm low on funds now so I more inclined to go with AIU which deducts the amount from your pay cheques.

hey 2004/10/25 13:58
Hey guys, I just got hired with peppy kids ,I was just wondering if any one of you are going out to japan in the end of january..because that's when I get shipped out.
by Brian rate this post as useful

ME TOO 2004/10/28 05:29
Hey, I was wondering if anyone on here is starting training in January. My fiancee and I will be starting January 10th in Nagoya. It would be nice to talk to some people before. We're from Canada...ttly.
by karla rate this post as useful

peppy 2004/10/31 04:22
I got hired at peppy kids just recently too...I only had one interview and got in. I will be going to Japan (from Vancouver) in March...I was supposed to go in Feb but they asked me to go in March...Anyone going in March too?
by snowboarder4u rate this post as useful

workingvisa vs holiday visa 2004/11/10 13:30
hello, just wondering if anyone could tell me what the difference is between teachers with a holiday work visa and a working visa. I know the holiday people get taxed at 20% vs 5-6% for woring visa........is there a difference in terms of work load or do the holiday visa people do the same amount of work as the working visa people (i.e. 3-4 hours of work/day)? the peppy website says that working visa people are expected to do 40hrs of work/ week. true? does peppy sponsor the working visa? what happens during the biweekly meetings? I am currently a nova teacher and want out asap!!! your help is greatly appreciated
by novaemployee#4million rate this post as useful

Re: 2004/11/12 22:33
I'm on a working visa and seems like the WHV people works almost the same as me. Well, it depends how many schools you'll have and how many classes you'll be teaching. But WHV work less during Office Days. They still attend the monthly staff meeting though. It's only 2 hours anyway. Nova Teacher, WHV is only for a year though, and you're already in Japan? So you'll plan to teach less than a year at Peppy? Not that it really matters, but just curious...
by Kawaii rate this post as useful

peppy visa response 2004/11/17 13:27
i hope to stay in japan longer than a year(maybe two). can you only work for peppy for a year? are you able to sign a new contact after your first or is that it....one year and you have to leave the company?
by novaem@employee#4million rate this post as useful

hello 2004/11/22 16:54
Hey i was just wondering if anyone is heading out to japan end of january...I am with peppy kids club
my email is bestdefender@hotmail.com
email me if you are going then
by Brian(vancouver) rate this post as useful

re: Visa/Contract 2004/11/24 23:47
Hi novaem, You can extend your one yr contract w/ Peppy. But the question is, if you are with WHV, you are only allow to work in Japan for 1 yr (unless you are from Australia, it's 16 months I guess). So you are like asking two different things here. :)
by Kawaii rate this post as useful

to snowboarder4u 2004/11/26 11:32
To snowboarder4u,
I'm also going in the March group from vancouver. A friend of mine who's already working for Peppy referred me. I guess i'll see you at the training! (I plan on arriving 2 weeks before training starts!)
by chili rate this post as useful

cool 2004/11/29 09:14
hey chili, that's cool...what's your email address?
by snowboarder rate this post as useful

to snowboarder4u 2004/11/29 13:41
hi snowboarder,
I've asked our coordinator to send you my email address! (I dont feel secure posting it here). I was in her office the other day asking her who else is coming on board. So I'm sure she will know it's you to send my email addy to. :)
by chili rate this post as useful

:) 2004/11/30 04:09
Yeah I don't like giving out my main email address as well but email me at this account... snowboarder4u@gmail.com

by snowboarder rate this post as useful

I start training Feb 2004/12/1 23:00
Hi everyone, I am also from Vancouver, and I start training in Feburary, anyone also start training in Feb? Thanks
by Billy rate this post as useful

hey billy I start training in feb too! 2004/12/3 08:35
Hey billy, my name is Brian...if you wanna talk email me please at
Bestdefender@hotmail.com

I am also from vancouver
by Brian Hunt rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 9: Posts 21 - 40 of 180
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
next

reply to this thread