Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 27 of 27
prev
1 2

. 2011/4/20 20:30
@rulfus:

Please break up with her. You're just being a burden on her life. This woman seems to be smart and with his life priorities well defined. If you don't finish this relationship, it is just a matter of time for her to get rid of you and your immature and sexist stuff. I hope she can get to live in Mexico if that is what really makes her happy.

Also:

"argentina is maybe is more poor than mexico in economy but we have europe roots only in latin america! "

what the f. is this supposed to mean? who cares about... roots? lol, in the States, for example, nobody would give a d. thing about your.... "roots"?? You have to work on this serious inferiority complex you have.

Anyway, as I said before, this woman you are talking about seems to be really smart: she is going to study about hispanic culture and spanish language, right?. Then, Mexico is definitely one of the best options. Also Colombia and Venezuela are well known for their neutral Spanish in the business industry (that's why you will never see an international spanish version of a movie made with "argentine spanish") and I'm guessing that should help her with the research she will be making.

You gotta be really jealous of her because she is already a successful woman with many big goals on her life, while the only things you seem to be thinking about is:

"if she loves me, who cares the masters and any others goals in life?"
"I don't want to live in Japan because I'm allergic to fish"
"A woman should always follow her man."
"my country is best than xxx"

I am surprised that someone with such ancient stuff in the mind is able to use an internet forum.
by Len (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2011/4/21 04:16
I am the OP in ''boyfriend belittles my country'' and I have to say I side with your girlfriend on this one.

She wants to go to Mexico because she's an exchange student there before and will obviously fit in better with the student life there than she willin Argentina.

If my boyfriend wants me to drop my dreams to accommodate him, I won't and please don't compare it with her love for you.
Love is not everything in the world and will you like it if she gives up her dreams, only to regret and begrudge you for it later?

She did say she's willing to relocate to Argentina after her studies but you didn't think of moving to Japan ever, did you?
It's a big sacrifice for anyone to move away from one native's country where all their friends/family and support is and relocate to another country but she's willing to do that for you.

Saying all this, I am not the one in the relationship and no one else knows better what to do than yourself.
Even if she is to move to Argentina, there's no stopping her from falling in love with someone when she's in Argentina...
No one knows what will happen in the future and do whatever you think will make you happier be it breaking up with her or staying with her.
by Ichigo (guest) rate this post as useful

she loves YOU!!! 2011/4/22 20:10
She loves YOU, NOT your country!!!

Do you prefer she loves your country, but NOT YOU???

by love (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2011/4/23 00:44
I think you're being unreasonable and as someone pointed out, sexist.

I'm sorry, but that's the truth. If I were your girlfriend, I'd definitely go to Mexico instead of Argentina - I mean, I love Argentina, but if I did have that passion for Mexico, I would chase my dream.
Expecting a girl to move to a foreign country for her boyfriend instead of doing what she wants to do, that's really old fashioned.

I think you should break up with her. For you AND her. You are the one being unfair, I kinda feel sorry for your girlfriend.
I wouldn't like it one bit if my boyfriend behaved like this - you don't own her.
This is what she wants to do - let her do it.
by Salka rate this post as useful

Let her go 2011/4/24 15:19
I believe it is a South American trait, particularly amongst the men, to think they own a woman.

Let Her be to pursue what she wants.

by rg (guest) rate this post as useful

Mexico? 2011/4/27 17:48
To have such an interest and desire to be in Mexico tells me she is involed with another man there. She's got someone there to go to. Read between the lines. Let's face it, if she wanted to be with you, she would be.
by Jenny (guest) rate this post as useful

a few things 2011/4/28 01:20
@ rulfus,

I would agree with the people who think your girlfriend is right. Most of all I think Drew summed it up quite well, so read that post again if you want to know my position.

I do want to add a few things that i learned while having an LDR with a Japanese myself:

1. The most important problem for you seems to be the mexico thing. She seems to be really into Mexico. I think your girlfriend is not really into Mexico. I think your girlfriend has praised Mexico for years because she already knew for a long time she wanted to go there in the future. This is the reason why she talks so positive and helps out mexicans in Japan. She wants to show her goodwill to the country she will be spending time in the future.

2. Another thing I noticed was, she sees this study in Mexico as her last adventure. This is exactly the same reason why I have difficult situations with my gf sometimes. In Japan it is a very normal thing that, as women get older, late 20's, early 30's, they start to get married, get children, and stop working. For these women, the life of freedom is over. My girlfriend sometimes seems almost obsessed with this idea that her life will be over at 30. She has this dream of a working holiday in an English speaking country, and she told me she will not visit my country anymore because she has to save for this thing. When I heard this at first I was suprised and frustrated. But then I noticed that it is quite a common thing among Japanese women. They look cute and innocent, but inside they have their futures planned out perfectly until 30. They see this as their only chance to have some fun, to have some experience in the world, to be free to live for themselves. It is up to you whether or not you are willing to enjoy her freedom, after this she will probably be 100% open to do what you want.

I hope this helps understanding the situation. Please don't listen to all the people here who think she is selfish. It might seem selfish, but there is a very good logic behind it. Japanese women are in some aspects just very old fashioned, because the system in Japan prevents them from modernising further. It can be difficult, but my guess is that it is just a phase.
by Dutchman (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 27 of 27
prev
1 2

reply to this thread