Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

Re: Getting married and registering it? 2012/5/24 11:15
Does anyone know if after our wedding in Hawaii if we can just register our Hawaiian wedding here in the Japan embassy in Australia? Or it needs to be registered in Japan?

As mentioned on that other thread, you can register your Hawaiian wedding at the Japanese embassy in Australia. The instructions can be found here:

http://www.sydney.au.emb-japan.go.jp/japanese/consul/birth_marriage.ht...

by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Getting married and registering it? 2012/5/27 14:53
You sound mighty confused & mixing too many different issues - & jumping ahead of yourself.
What's your objective? To get married or to obtain a spouse visa? Take one step at a time:
1) you need to concentrate on getting married first.
- if you or your fiance are ever thinking of living in Japan or Australia then you need to register this marriage in both places - then take it from there (if in OZ then later ask the Japanese Consulate how to apply for a visa once you are married)

- You mention your wife coming to Oz "after the wedding for a few months" - you will need to look into the spouse visa situation FOR HER to be allowed into Oz. There's paperwork & lots of it. Have you looked into this?

2) you seem to be mucking around with laws of a third country (U.S) for no good reason. (more hassle & expense.) Why not just have a nice civil ceremony or faux marriage in Hawaii?
You could do a legal 20 min registry office wedding in OZ. (or similar in Japan.)

Lots of other things to consider too: for example: going to Japan on a tourist visa to get married and waiting for the visa - crazy idea unless she is cashed up & can support you, unless you go over on a work visa/ Working holiday visa.

Anyway, you need to ask the Japanese consulate or read their requirements - it's not overwhelming when you don't mix separate issues together. Just work through it systematically & supply each document they ask for. ( But you are not even married yet, so the first step is get married then worry about paper work.)
by Elyse (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting married and registering it? 2012/5/27 18:44
err Elyse, I think your post may have caused abit more confusion than help -_-;

1 - If its just for a few months, the future wife doesn't have to get a spouse visa, she can enter on either ETA/tourist/working holiday visas. They don't take alot of paperwork either. I've been through it (I'm a japanese female & been down this road).

2- I think the original poster wants to have an official wedding in Hawaii and just register it in Japan, by doing so there is no need to register it in Australia as Australia will acknowledge the marriage. Anyway from what I've read it sounds like they want to live permanently in Japan and Australia is just a "pitstop" for legal and visa reasons. I don't think they are mucking around with any country. It's a destination wedding they want, then it's their choice.

There's no need to consider going to Japan on a tourist visa as the poster said he's happy to apply for a spouse visa from Australia.

You have some legit points there but just the way you've made it look for the whole forum sounds abit strong/rude. If that was not your intention then I apologise.

Anyway to RJ and his future bride, wish you the best and I'm sure you will be successful in your endeavors in life as me and my husband of 5 years have.

"LOL" :)
by LOL (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

reply to this thread