Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 24 of 47: Posts 461 - 480 of 928
prev
1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 47
next

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/7 19:56
How many left in wink Akiba? Or you got the last one?
by Barry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/7 20:06
Best bet in Osaka?

Also, can someone clarify why you can't open the Switch in Japan - is this only if you get it tax free?

Thanks
by zamson (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/7 20:38
The box is not sealed. You can open and test the switch after you purchased it. I think what others meant here is that they were unable to test it on the spot first before paying. The shop assistant will just say that it is a new unopened set and there are no issues with it.
by mt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/7 20:40
all BIC are OOO. can actually order from amazon japan, can deliver within one day, but it cost more about 38000-39000yen. think its still much cheaper than other countries. there is an english translated page though, may still need google translating though
by chadsterger87 rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/7 21:08
By rule, any tax-refunded items must be consumed or used outside of Japan, although they never checked at the airport. All the shops will ensure all tax-refunded items, customer purchased, must be put in sealed bag, if it is small items e.g. stationeries, snacks, cosmetics, ...

That's why they refused to open Switch for testing because the sellers are so strict with the rule.

Of course that you can open the box and check your Switch after purchased which I am wondering what if we brought it back for any defect found since the receipt will show that it was a tax refunded.
by Lit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/7 21:44
any info on restock days? is it better to go in the morning or later in the day?
went to BIC ikebukuro/labi this morning and nada
by theswitchbitch (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/8 21:18
I've been following this thread for weeks now and finally arrived in Tokyo today. Popped into a Sofmap store with my luggage in hand to quickly give asking a whirl and the staff said "no," started laughing when I asked if there were any in stock. I presume this will be the case all over town but I plan on canvassing Shinjuku, Shibuya, Akihabara, Roppongi for any available consoles. So the go-to stores are Bic Camera, LABI, Sofmap, am I missing any? Will be in touch if I find SWITCH.
by TLR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/8 22:38
some Bic stores are mostly camera equipment but the main bic stores will have a video game section. good luck and pls update your findings!
by Tim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/9 11:18
Just left otachu akiba. They have 1 last neon switch. My friend didn't want it. Too expensive at 37,800yen.

Maybe some1 else wants it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/otachu_akiba
by Han (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/9 13:14
I just called, they have 2 at that price. Too exxy! And they don't do tax free.
by Nintendo17 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/9 17:08
Shinjuku is as dry as Gerudo Valley. LABI, Bic, Yodobashi all out. I did get some vague info from the clerks at each though. At Yodo I was told they receive a shipment every 1-2 weeks but don't know when "in case of an emergency," she said. Not sure what that means. At Bic the guy said "there is no schedule" for the shipments and at LABI I asked a better question: "when was your last shipment?" I was told it was last week.

I'm thinking I might head over there every other morning for the week I'm here on the off chance they get a shipment, then message the group. Does anyone know if the "shipments come Friday morning" rumor holds true?

Tomorrow I will check Shibuya and Friday Akihabara. Wish me luck ladies and gentleman, hopefully we all walk out of this thing with shiny new Switches.

#switchhunt
by TLR (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/9 17:29
If you're in the Shinjuku area, the Book Off over there has a few sets on display at 37k yen.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/9 17:35
@tlr thanks for the info! I was just about to head to shinjuku but now I'll try checking out ikebukuro. will post if I manage to find one...
good luck to ya tomorrow!
by D (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/9 17:47
I plan to visit Tokyo on 1st June. Is it easier to find stock at locations outside like Saitama or cities like Nagano?
by Jel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/9 18:22
The chain stores like GEO Hyper Media Shop also carries the switch. You might want to check their outlets too, in the mornings when they might get a restock. I got my switch from them when I couldn't find any at yodabashi and bic.
by mt (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/10 11:58
Guys, I just bought a Nintendo Switch at Traders akiba, beside softmap building. No tax free but just ask the cashier at the first floor. Be quick!
by Stranger (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/10 12:38
How much?
by Nintendo17 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/10 13:07
Anyone know any place in Tokyo got switch stock? Shinjuku looks like all out of stock.
by Chris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/10 13:47
32k+ after tax, they're selling at standard retail price.
by Stranger (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/5/10 14:33
Sold out at Traders Akiba, checked an hour ago.
by Robin (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 24 of 47: Posts 461 - 480 of 928
prev
1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 47
next

reply to this thread