Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 47 of 47
prev
1 2 3

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/12 23:44
I just wonder, with your baby in the making, couldn't you just come over to Japan on a tourist visa and be with your wife and share this important time? Normally it is not a big issue to be here as a tourist for 3 months. For some countries (not sure if UK is included, but you can google that), tourist visas can even get extended to 6 months. Alternatively you can always take a short leave from Japan and come back.

Just saying.

I could even imagine (but again, no expert here) that it could actually help your immigration, as you would show that you want to be with your wife.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/13 00:08
Thank you very much for your reply.

It's a very good idea..

To be honest, I have managed to get a job lined up, which is brilliant news, but ofcours without the visa, It's a no go.

The Job starts in March, our baby will be born in February, so it works out perfectly.

I'm sure everything will be ok, but as I say I'm just concerned about the fact she quit her job, that it will effect the visa..

Anyway she is going to call back the immigration tomorrow, let's see what they will say..

fingers crossed :)

by jkrobs rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/13 05:50
Since you are in contact with immigration. All you can do it wait for the results of the conversations to be had. No good theorizing possible outcomes on a question forum.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2017/11/11 17:53
Hi All,

After what seemed a long wait, My wife finally received the COE, She has posted it to me secured/tracked mail, so I should get it next week.

Just for your information, it took 2 months and 2 days to arrive, so not so bad!

I have a couple of questions for the next step, I have to go to london to apply for the visa, It's not complicated, but there is a small 2 page visa form that needs completing, My wife noticed that most of the questions were already asked when she applied for the COE.

Is there a reason they ask these questions again?

also there is a question asking what my wife's profession/job title is.. but if you have read my older posts, I mentioned that due to her being pregnant she had to quit her job whilst COE was pending. Should I write Office worker, like she wrote when she first applied for the COE? ( at the time that information was correct )

the only other thing it mentions is, what is my reason for coming to Japan and length of stay?

my spouse visa only allows 1 year, then I have to apply again. should I write +1

one other thing, I took some new passport pictures for the final visa form, but they don't fit in the box.. the box is much bigger.. should I have taken visa pictures instead? in the UK the photo machine only does passport or visa photos? but the application form says passport pictures, but they do not fit in the box...

Thanks for your help along the way :)

Re: Spouse visa 2017/11/11 20:52
Is there a reason they ask these questions again?

You need to understand that the CoE application and the visa application are completely different things. The CoE application was made to the Immigration Bureau, the visa application is made to the embassy/consulate. The embassy has not asked you anything yet!

For your other questions, ask the embassy.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2017/11/27 01:20
Good Evening Everyone!

I wanted to update you all on my application.

On the 21th November 2017, I attended the Embassy of Japan in London, UK.

It took about 5 minutes for everything to be checked, They asked me to return on the 24th November 2017, I returned there and collected my passport, everything is now done.

I'm leaving the UK on the 27th December, Thanks for all your help and advise.

I wish anyone applying for the COE/Visa the best of luck

Re: Spouse visa 2017/11/27 19:10
Congrats on your success and upcoming parentage.

Not going to be negative but foreigner spouse life will have many obstacles (i was in same situation,different country tho) you need to be careful of. Please try to be patient with adjusting to life outside of marriage (ie. japanese paperwork, language barrier, discrimination, etc;) maybe you think it will be ok.. but you never know.

Good luck.
by Gst (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 47 of 47
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread