Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 47 of 47
prev
1 2 3

AYU!!!! 2007/11/23 14:37
Ayumi is very popular in America. Everywhere you go you see some sign saying something about her. As for her marriage, if didn't fall through. It is said that Ayumi and her boyfriend's love and grown into more of a brotherly sisterly love, so the wedding was canceled. I hope this answers some of your questions. Now can anyone tell if Ayumi smokes because I've heard rumors. I just don't see how someone who sounds that good smokes. It's impossible.
by Alanna rate this post as useful

I am... 2007/11/24 16:48
she is still famous in japan.. but somehow.. i think people are sick of her.. ( maybe her voice.. her big eyes) and her album and single is not selling tat well as before... but she is still 1 of the top famous artist...that is for sure.. her concert are still sold out.. her tour goods earn the most money in A NATION.. she is voted as best artist in 2007.. so sheis still damn famous.. is judt that right now.. there are mika nakashima.. koda.. utada.. these people are snatching her spotlight. but i know tat tey are not gonna last very long ( see because their album and single is not selling well too and they still lose to ayu) ... but surely.. ayu is nt tat famous as before but now she is still mega popular!
by ayushun rate this post as useful

Mega Popular? 2007/11/25 05:35
Im sure people can have facts, figures, sales, etc over this person but mega popular?? mega popular people would probably include: michael jackson, U2, Rolling Stones, The beattles, led zeppelin. I personally dont like much of these bands but it would seem that these bands are more recognizable than this person which seems only to be popular in asian markets. To say that she is mega popular in the west I think isn't true.
by force rate this post as useful

She's still the Diva! 2007/12/23 21:33
Well, I am one of Ayu's many fans. By saying a fan , i mean buying her CDs DVDs, Checking on her latest updates!, being a forum members that discuss everything about her...and yeah it's really fun...because when Ayu is your idol...You get fresh news off the oven everyday! which is exhilarating! and now the biggest thing Ayu is up to is her new album "GUILTY" It;s already leaked on the net. and it'll be released on 1/1.08! I've listened to the preview..pre-ordered it and waiting for it to arrive! It's an AMAAAAZING ALBUM!

About Ayu's popularity and also how well she can sell now. I can say she's ever so popular..and she doesn't sell as much as she used to not due to the fact she's not everybody's favorite anymore..but due to the fact that..in these days..artist can barely sell over a million now.. during 90s and early 20s..artist can still be able to sell millions..but now..it's only handful and those who sell it are probably Mr.Children and Ayu who;s been in the entertainment industry for many years. It's just how the industry has evolve in to.

As for Kuu,, nah,... she's fading...she's been releasing tons of stuff and she only manage to be on No.2 of best selling artist (oricon) Ayu on the other hand..released 4 items, and she's No.3 with sales very close to Kuu's and she's the biggest earner in 2007 among female Japanese celebrity. to me, kuu is just desperate and fearful that she'll lose her fame.

Outside Japan, I can really say,Ayu is the most famous Japanese artist out side of Japan....which japanese artist do you find have tons of english forums with thousands and thousands of member..and tons more of Chinese and japanese forums..and a few german, french, spanish and even norsk forums..oh and Indonesia too!

To top the line , Ayu is still holds the record of best selling female and solo artist in history!

For me, she's the empress of j-pop because she's has so much depth in her lyrics..at the same time she's oozing sex appeal without having to take much clothes off, and she's has the best showmanship in the world. Her concerts are amazing! and oooh...gay men loves Ayu!
by Ayufan rate this post as useful

SHE'LL ALWAYS BE THE J-POP PRINCESS! 2008/1/8 15:27
I'm absolutely a CRAZY fan of Ayumi Hamasaki. She's just my fav. Though I have to admit that she may not be as popular as she was before, but she'll always remain as a big icon in the J-pop music industry. There is no way that Asians have never heard of her. It's really sad to hear that she's officially deaf in one ear. But she's strong, saying that she'll continue her career and perform the best to everyone who wants to listen to her music. She keeps on smiling no matter what happened to her. So please, keep supporting Ayu! AYUMI HAMASAKI, YOU"RE THE BEST~!

YouRs TruLy, AitSuKi
by AitSuKi rate this post as useful

mega popular 2008/1/14 13:35
ayumi hamasaki is really popular, except i think her popularity has decreased in 2007.
all i know is that shes amazing and shes broken so many records. shes the first female to hold the number 1 AND number 2 spot on the united world charts for her albulms at the same time.
a lot of people said that her voice is really high pitched and annoying but in her new albulm GUILTY, she sings everything an octave lower.
ayu is the best !
by anonymous rate this post as useful

YES! she's popular!! 2008/10/31 16:02
i think she's still one of the best singer in japan. *although,like all of you mention above,her album isn't sell as much as before,and she's not as popular as before.* but,still she's the most popular japanese singer outside japan now.( in my opinion) cause sometimes,most of people heard her name before they hear her music. i think that's show how well-known she is.
in my country,indonesia,she's the most well-known japanese singer. "ayumi" in indonesia is "AYUMI HAMASAKI" ckckc.. so,you all got what i say?? ckkck~ *i'm not good at english*ehhee.. gomen~
by mboq rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 47 of 47
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread