Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 46 of 46
prev
1 2 3

but... 2006/5/16 04:35
Learning to write Japanese gives you somthing to visualize while trying to remember certain words to speak...
by TheRage800 rate this post as useful

Japanese for Busy People 2006/7/18 14:55
Someone mentioned it earlier, but Japanese for Busy People is a very good book. It covers a lot of what a teacher would if you went to a class. It was also available at my local library, so I would check that out. Saves you the money, if that happens to be an issue.

Meow
by Kitt rate this post as useful

Some more help? 2006/7/18 21:33
This is a good website for starters: http://www.learn-japanese.info/
I started learning japanese 1 month ago, and brought this book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071431578/104-9133788-8371112?v=glance&n=283155
The first few lessons were easy, but its difficulity increases steeply. And also, it hardly teaches any kanji or kana. But its a good book if u want to learn how to speak japanese.
by Yamihi Miruton rate this post as useful

study 2006/7/27 05:59
read the books, imitate what you hear, and above all SPEAK TO YOURSELF...it will help you get used to the words and be easier to say without stumbling upon the words...if these don't work..look for a penpal its your best bet
by Showtime rate this post as useful

The books you all should read 2007/11/9 11:50
I would suggest you all would ither get Nakama, or genki. Adventures in Japanese 1-IV isnt that great of a book. I am telling you this because I am in Japanese 3. With most books like AIJ is they will say ither information that is out dated, or the book will leave information out. Nakama is a great book because it gives extensive detail on how the sentences are made, however kinda hops around on what should be in what lesson and the essential vocabularies are too much for people who self study. Genki is the best book because it actually helps people learn, and all the information is clear as can be unlike AIJ. I hope this helps you all
by Cloud rate this post as useful

advice on learning Japanese 2007/11/12 19:03
Hi Lee,just saw the question 2day though it might have expired.Well start by first using what you have,start by first reading and writing at the same time for Hiragana and Katakana.It's not really tough,for the Kanji;they are a bit complicated coz they are Chinese characters,take your time in practisicing these characters as same pronunciation of words might have different characters.just like "xiao tie" in chinese languge may mean;young lady,miss or madam but on the other hand it might mean a harlot.so take your time in practicing the differnt forms of writing.Best regards.
by suh joon young rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 46 of 46
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread