Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 45 of 45
prev
1 2 3

hm.... 2008/10/28 13:29
I personally like manga because it's funny and because sometimes you need a distraction from the real world and a manga book will do it for you if you're looking for a reading and looking kind of thing not a lot of words. But I really like manga for the art too because you can see how realistic it can get. As for Anime all I have to say is Final fantasy 7 because some of the scenes in that movie look way real. It's just a matter of opinion on some people.
by JVT rate this post as useful

. 2008/10/30 10:21
I am 15 and I love anime's.Like Full Metal Alchemist,Inuyasha,Shin Chan,Bleach,Tokyo Godfathers(film),and would love to see Porco Rosso (It has aviation,plus it has some WW1 references).I guess watching anime during adulthood is considered to be like watching Tellitubbies at age 25.But for the sake of not scaring off my future J-girlfriend,I would just keep my anime interests to a hush,hush : )

WW1 flying ace quote of the day...

"I'll put a bullet through my head if the machine catches fire . . . they'll never burn me." Edward Mannock,Englands highest scoring ace of WW1,with 61 arial victories.

by Herr Hauptmann rate this post as useful

.. 2008/10/30 21:31
watching anime is not quite as bad as watching teletubbies until 25, however being an anime otaku has a real negative stigma attached to it depending on the person.

if the anime otaku is otherwise "cool" or "kawaii" i.e. shoko nakagawa or someone like gackt for example, it's not a bad thing. however if the person is the average maidcafe attendee with wire rim glasses, bad acne, greasy hair, etc.. it's very negative and is no different from a basement dwelling gross computer geek would be in europe or north america.

in my opinion if you're not japanese but are an otaku, you'd best keep it to yourself as otherwise you'll just look weird to most japanese people.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

p.s. 2008/10/30 21:32
p.s. all ghibli studio films are excepted. ghibli anime is very mainstream and liked by pretty much everyone and is not considered otaku-ish at all.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

Anime/manga are the best 2008/12/9 07:37
im 15 going on 16 and personaly I think anime and manga are awsome my sister introduced me to it when I was 10 and she was 9 and she got it from her friend who is an anime/manga freak her friend even has a kimono in her closet and we are all in america! still the question should be why don't some people like anime I mean even all the popular girls like anime so ya here it's a great way to meet girls BD
by Anime R cool rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 45 of 45
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread