Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 6: Posts 61 - 80 of 118
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6
next

? 2007/2/4 08:26
I found two very odd names. Could anybody know the translation to them?

The two names are Fusako and Nagako.
by mona rate this post as useful

?? 2007/2/5 12:31
im 28wks pregnant and my hubby (hes japanese and im australian) and i have finally decided on names.. for a boy 魁燕 kaien (kai as his nickname) and for a girl (maybe) 瑛海 eimi (pronounced same as amy in english)
by liss rate this post as useful

thanks 2007/2/6 01:35
thank you for everyones comments!

im happy to hear that you have found the names lissy ^^...

i think i have found it aswell. I like the names Nakao and Kiyoshi.
by tonia rate this post as useful

help...? 2007/2/6 08:11
http://www.meijiyasuda.co.jp/profile/etc/ranking/year_women/

can anyone please tell me if there is an english version of this website?! it would be important!
by numa rate this post as useful

? 2007/2/13 05:54
whats this name? 君子?
by touma rate this post as useful

... 2007/2/24 11:12
just thought of sharing 2 names I thought was very odd...Yasumiko and Sanoko
by taiga rate this post as useful

A good website for baby names 2007/2/25 08:36
Has your friend checked out www.babynames.com? I often use this web site for finding names for characters I write about, but it has millions of names in it's database. You can search names by Nationality, Meaning, Gender, Popularity, etc. It's very useful.

I hope this helped! =D

Megan
by Megan rate this post as useful

name 2007/2/27 07:15
what does this one 翠子 mean?
by Honami rate this post as useful

Back ON 2007/3/27 19:25
by Sven rate this post as useful

good name 2007/4/19 00:20
I always liked my friend's name. Her name is Chikako. It's written as 力子.
by lorna rate this post as useful

Emi 2007/7/23 11:32
to the person named liss-eimi looks like its pronounced Ay-ee-mee. A other way to spell it would be "Emi" if you want it to be pronounced like "Amy"
by kendel rate this post as useful

This is another Question. 2007/8/15 02:06
I am not Japanese i am only American but i am making manga so i am in search of many good Japanese names. I already have a few like Tanaka and Toro but i need a lot more. please help. Bye the way i am only thirteen so don't give me dumb answers please. You can email me more names at dcimo7@yahoo.com
by Daniel rate this post as useful

my grandma 2007/8/15 03:32
Before WWII her name was Miyuki with the kanji 深雪, meaning deep snow since she was born in the winter. Her nickname was Miko (I was named after her, so I am also Miyuki) with the kanji 美子 beautiful child.
She changed her name to Flora because some nuns told her and her sisters that it would be a good idea. But one of my great aunts kept her name Masako. I don't know what her kanji is though.
My grandpa's name was Mitsuru. My cousin holds his name as his middle name. Though I don't know what his kanji was either. My grandpa's siblings had these names:
MINORU
SHIGERU
HAJIME
MISAKO
FUMIKO
HANAKO

Buntaro was my grandpa's father's name, and his mother was Shige. All of these names, since these are my ancestors, i'm guessing are very traditional. I've been told the kanji I own are very unique and my name, Miko, isn't very common.

Some other names that are part of my family history:
TSUNEKICHI, Tomoji, Bunzaemon, Yoko, Tsuneo, Koto, Sanzo, Tokutaro Nishi, Misao, Haruno, Miyo, Iwakichi, Fumi, Minoru, Asayo, and Ike. That includes about 4 generations.
a good way to tell if a Japanese name is male or female, go to google image search and enter a Japanese name. If mostly men or women show.. you'll know who the name is for.
by Miko rate this post as useful

Eh... 2007/9/2 11:14
Actually I tend to find Japanese names quite adorbale anyway maybe cause im japanese w.e...Yes why don;t you try this splendid website: http://www.babynamescountry.com/origins/japanese_baby_names1...
by Koha-Chan rate this post as useful

be careful! 2007/9/3 21:06
I looked at the above website with the list of Japanese names and again I reaffirm my belief that if you want to give a Japanese name to your baby, you should either be Japanese or speak native-level fluent Japanese. Or alternatively get a real Japanese book of names. Seriously, some of those names are hilarious and ridiculous at the same time. If I met some western girl with the name "Kame", I will have a very hard time trying not to laugh. And some of those are not even proper names! Zinan? Akahana? Please.... Though admittedly, I've seen much worse baby name websites than that one.
by shimaki rate this post as useful

Meiko? 2007/10/2 19:00
I'm expecting a baby girl and have always wanted to call my daughter Meiko because I simply love the sound of it. Now I'm wondering what connotations this name has in Japan. Is it an old name, common name, ...? What does in mean? Is it easy to pronounce in English (I'm a non English speaking European)? Thanks a lot!
by Sarah rate this post as useful

Dear Sarah! 2007/10/2 21:56
Congratulations no having a baby! You picked a very beautiful name! To be honest, I have never met anyone who had this name, but Mei simply is a pretty popular name now. As for meaning, perhaps the most popular reading to "Meiko" is "bright child" but I highly advise to look around for kanjis in baby name books.
by Tuta rate this post as useful

Congrats! ^_^ 2007/10/16 00:39
I've been to Japan and attended school there. I was given a japanese name that i find very pretty! Momiji (もみじ)which means japanese maple, it can also be understood as small hands which is a good name for a girl.

Gambatte!! and i hope the pregnancy goes well! ^_^
by 若鈴 rate this post as useful

Japanese names 2007/11/26 20:49
You can find a whole list of japanese names at http://www.japanese-names.net/
by Eric rate this post as useful

Here are some nice names ^_^ 2008/4/11 23:24
Here are a few. ;3
GIRL:
Hanako
Emi
Mei
Kanna (It sounds funny, sometimes, though. xD Some people go, "Kannnn-ah!" when they say it, but it is pronounced just Ka-na.)
Megumi
Haruka

Boy names:
Kenji
Matoko
Ryuu
Daisuke
Hikaru

For twins, Hikari (girl) and Hikaru (boy) sound nice together! ^^
by Mei rate this post as useful

Page 4 of 6: Posts 61 - 80 of 118
prev