Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 4: Posts 61 - 67 of 67
prev
1 2 3 4

... 2007/3/28 08:57
I live in Tokyo but going skiing in Hokkaido. Will it work there? Will I be able to get my text messages?

Of course! Only in some remote places, there may be no reception.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Confused 2007/4/13 13:54
I have a Yahoo mail account, while my friend has a cell phone email (Vodafone). I try to send email from Yahoo to this address; sometimes it works, sometimes it'll work if I keep trying, and sometimes it just won't work at all... NO IDEA WHY!!! This is just too annoying lol I read a comment that Yahoo users should turn off rich-text format; could someone explain how to do this?
by ... rate this post as useful

. 2007/4/15 03:23
sometimes it'll work if I keep trying,

The email system of SoftBank Mobile (formerly Vodafone Japan) is very
infamous for its terrible delay since they were called J-Phone. So you
should not expect your email is delivered to the recipient immediately.

and sometimes it just won't work at all...

Softbank Mobile offers an antispam option that rejects all incoming
email that contains URLs. If the recipient is using this option (which I
think is not very likely, though), all your email with any URLs in it
may be silently discarded.
by meringue4 rate this post as useful

.. 2007/4/18 08:16
hihi....is there anyway you could find out the email address if u got the cell phone number??? its my boyfriend's birthday today...i really want to give him a little surprise greeting..and he's with AU...could someone just answere me within today?? plz~~~
by YC rate this post as useful

Emailing mobile phone 2007/4/18 09:09
YC,

is there anyway you could find out the email address if u got the cell phone number???

No.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

I have your answer 2007/6/18 09:35
Docomo as well as most Japanese cell phone companies block PC based emails as a way to block spam.

If you wish to send a message to a Japanese mobile phone from your PC, you will need a dedicated service that is designed for such a task. Luckily, there are many options. The easiest is a a service called Chikka. Here is the address.

http://register.chikka.com/index.html

Click on the PC-only account button and follow the instructions. It is quite fast and simple to create an account. But, you will have to download software. I use this service here in Japan, since all I have is a military issue cell phone that does not support text messaging. It is easy to use and i have not had a problem with it yet.
by Warren rate this post as useful

. 2007/9/7 00:49
I registered and downloaded Chikka, but how do I send emails to cell phones with it?
by T rate this post as useful

Page 4 of 4: Posts 61 - 67 of 67
prev
1 2 3 4

reply to this thread