Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 42 of 47: Posts 821 - 840 of 928
prev
1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
next

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/7 17:24
good luck! wish we got some here at umeda (osaka) but they've decided to do a raffle tomorrow instead. early morning. fingers crossed.
by e (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/7 17:31
Kawasaki sold out
by C-Jones (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/8 08:58
yodibashi-umeda line is SO long. wraps around the entire building and doubles back

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/8 09:27
I got my raffle ticket in Sagami-ono, wasn't too busy but it's amazing how much demand exists three months after launch.
by C-jones (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/8 09:56
Yeah, went to donkihote in Ayase last night, they received 3, of course sold out. Got the raffle ticket at Bic Yokohama today, not feeling too confident, line was loooong. Yodobashi Yokohama doesn't have any, but people are lingering in hopes they will arrive soon, or maybe they are just passing time until Bic lottery...
by L (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/8 11:49
Well failed at the lotto. Does anyone know any stores that resell switches? I'd be willing to pay a bit more to get my hands on one.
by C-Jones (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/8 11:55
was one number away from winning the yodobashi-umeda raffle :( and no luck winning bic namba's either. toys "r" us didn't have any stock even though there was a line of about 30 people (including me) lined up for when they opened. sigh...

@C-Jones super potato and a-too sell secondhand ones for \42500. not worth it at that price and without warranty if you ask me

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/8 11:56
was one number away from winning the yodobashi-umeda raffle :( and no luck winning bic namba's either. toys "r" us didn't have any stock even though there was a line of about 30 people (including me) lined up for when they opened. sigh...

@C-Jones super potato and a-too sell secondhand ones for \42500. not worth it at that price and without warranty if you ask me

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/8 14:44
not sure why this comment didn't post last time i tried...

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/8 22:38
...and now all the posts showed up. weird. sorry about that.

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/9 07:48
So it seems the consensus is Friday restocks...but hopefully throughout the month the supply chain increases and it will be easier to get them. I failed the Yokohama Bic lottery yesterday, so the search continues. Hoping to randomly find one in the wild during routine shopping...any ideas for places in Kanagawa?

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/9 22:40
Hi

I will be going to tokyo for 40 days at the end of july.

Apart from this system of lottery, is there absolutly no chances to find a switch in a random shop around shinjuku?
by RoyArena (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/10 00:27
still in shock, but… I GOT A SWITCH today!!!! weekends are a good time to try and get one. keep at it, try to be aware of when places/areas/stores in general get shipments. when you enter a store, let them know you are looking for one, even if signs say sold out. also, nintendo has said (2 days ago, per an interview on french website le monde) that they are increasing production, so this is good to hear. good luck to everyone!

for reference, here are some stores that get switch stock regularly that you can try: Yamada Denki/LABI1, BIC Camera (lottery), Yodobashi Camera (lottery), Sofmap (lottery), Toys "R" Us, Joshin, Geo

and other stores that i haven't been into myself but also apparently sell them: AEON, Edion, Futaba, Nojima, Kojima, Traders (maybe). secondhand shops/resellers are mentioned in a previous post of mine.

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/10 05:09
E, where did you get yours at? We must have went to 10 places in Kanagawa yesterday with no luck...

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/10 18:28
I just got mine too. Amazon had a deal for Prime Day but it sold out in 2 minutes. Luckily, I was following some Japanese Twitter accounts that post Switch restock info so I could just click the notification and quickly make my order.
Good luck everyone!
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/10 22:39
Does anyone know how often is restocks around shinjuku? I tried labi and yodobashi for the past week but still haven't found one
by Bb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/11 00:33
Hey David,
Would you mind sharing these twitter accounts that post about restocks ?
... It sounds like they might be useful to some people in this thread.
by g (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/11 15:44
The accounts I followed are @switch_new and @net_syohin. I also looked up #ニンテンドースイッチ 入荷 and #ニンテンドースイッチ 入荷情報 for more info. Finally, the website http://vrmatome.net/?p=1487 also updates about restocks, but obviously, it's slower than the real time updates of Twitter.

After one week of going of hunting for a Switch in every electronics store in Tokyo, and also after losing the Bic Camera lottery twice, I looked up real time info on Twitter, and a couple of hours I got my Switch. It's just a matter of enabling push notifications for those accounts and making a purchase right away, because online sales go out quick.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/12 18:19
Hey guys, gonna share with you my experience!

After losing the lottery once, I decided to focus on the online market. I went on http://vrmatome.net/?p=1487 and looked at all the sites that regularly sell the Switch.

I created an account with my personal information on each of them so that they knew where to deliver. Then, I installed the plugin "Page Monitor" on Chrome to verify every 5 seconds if any only shop sells a Switch.

With this method, it took me less than a day to finally be able to place an order on a website before it solds out! I'm now waiting for the delivery...

Best of luck!
by Aladin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying Nintendo Switch in Tokyo 2017/7/12 18:39
You can find used ones for 44800 yen at media recycle shop on the main road to Shinsekai, the store is right after den den shop at Osaka
by Ous (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 42 of 47: Posts 821 - 840 of 928
prev
1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
next

reply to this thread