Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 5 of 10: Posts 81 - 100 of 189
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
next

MSgt Hammond 2011/8/5 14:48
Before I forget, does anyone know of a MSgt and Mrs. Hammond who lived in the Kanto Mura Housing Annex. I believe he worked at 5AF (geussing) and she worked at the Fuchu AS BX. They had two HS-aged daughters and I believe a son. And, I believe they left Fuchu AS late summer 74. The reason I asked is that they introduced me to my wife-to-be while I was stationed at Fuchu AS in 1974. I thought I'd give it a shot.
by Kevin Malone (guest) rate this post as useful

Back Gate 2011/8/7 00:47
We lived right inside the back gate from 1965-1969. I remember everything everyone else has mentioned, I used to visit a little farm outside the back gate where they had chickens, and went with our housekeeper to the hot baths near the candy store by the hole in the fence. I remember camping with the brownies/girl scouts at Camp Tama, the wavepool, being in the theater when there was a pretty serious earthquake during a Saturday matinee, good times, all ;)
by Sheilab rate this post as useful

ASIJ 2011/8/8 05:59
I lived in Tama Bochi from 70-74 and went to the American School In Japan during that time. I went to KEEP and lived with a family for a week in Fukushima. ASIJ keeps pretty good records, maybe they could be of some help.
by Bill Carney (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2011/10/28 02:00
I lived there from 65 to 68. I was 9 when we returned to the states. WOW! I remember the fence and buying models for 100 yen and candy with dible rice paper! The memories just flood back!
by Kelvin Mathews (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2011/11/11 14:33
kelvin mathews if you read this note drop me a email we lived in kanto from 65-68. my email is ozzyden1960@yahoo.com
by steven tronina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/1/22 09:43
Annie Wright! I think that I was in your class from 67 to 70 at Chofu! I hope you see this.
by William Kiyoshi Wentz ( Bill) (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/1/22 10:31
Yes! 67 to 70. Chofu Elementary and Middle school. Bill Wentz. 6, 7 and 8th grades. Lived at Kogenei and out the back gate of Fuchu. Rode my bike to school sometimes from Fuchu to Kanto Mura. Dad was a test engineer for the USAF. I was briefly friends with the 5th AF Generals son. (Commander, 5th AF). Gen. Tom McGehee. They lived in a very nice house at Fuchu AS with a movie theater in it. The best french fries/ rice and gravy in the world! Annie Wright, were you in my class? I have a gr 6, 1967 class picture. I don't remember the blonde female teachers name, Patti Jessup, John Black, Bob Benedict, Diane Silva, ring a bell?
by kiyosh rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura? 2012/2/16 23:40
Just to let everyone who attended Chofu schools on Kanto Mura know that there is going to be a reunion in San Antonio in September this year. Go to www.chofu.org for the information and registration forms. All are invited including families and friends. Check it out. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Hope to see you all there!
by Frank Lamberth (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/2/18 16:32
My brother and dad lived there from 70 to 74 I visited for two summers in a row 72 and 73. Yelling for kennedy and Mama san will be a part of me forever! I remember catching locus in the trees and playing the card game, that was fun. I believe we lived in the same complex as the Branson's and the Wood's. I believe I remember you Kim Wood.
Some of you may remember a birthday I had there where my dad took a bunch of us to Yamamuri Land. Even though I was only there for a total of six months I remember it well.
I thought of KM because I am about to go back to japan for a trip. Looking forward to it. My brother is Mike Thompson who also played with the Chiefs. Hope all of you are well!!
by Scott Thompson (guest) rate this post as useful

Living in Kanto Mura 1968-71? 2012/2/22 22:01
Hey everyone : I lived in 2 places while I was there from 1968 - 1971 We lived the first time in building 353-B and then 440-A where we live until we had to move the new base housing in Yokato air base.

I just want to say I wish I could go back the those days when life was so simple and care free for me. I love the things we were able to do there in KM As so many here I to would love to find a few friends and loved ones.
My best friend Jimmy fisher and I went some how from 1st. grade all the way to 6th grade together
My first love and girl friend "Jerry Harmor" she broke my heart...... she had a brother named Jay. their mom's name was Shirlee I believe.
by Chris Bowen rate this post as useful

Living in Kanto Mura 1968-71? 2012/2/22 22:05
Oh I forgot to say I do have a Facebook account and I am a member of Chofu Rules on FB.

I have posted some of the picture I have up on FB also.
by Chris Bowen rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/2/23 04:48
So glad this topic continues to generate new responses from so many KM Brats! I encourage all of you who are not members already to join the Facebook group "Chofu Rules!" where you'll find many other Chofu Elementary, Middle and High School alumni as well as tons of memories and photos: http://www.facebook.com/groups/2362486999/members/#!/groups/2362486999/

Also, I've been doing some updating to my Chofu Elementary site, so check it out when you have a chance (still needs a lot of work though): www.chofuelementary.org
I apologize to anyone who might have sent me photos. It's possible I did not receive them due to email problems.

Based on your posts here, I'd definitely like to have more contact with some of you (Scott Thompson and Rick C. in particular), so please find me at Chofu Rules!
by CherryBakuha rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/3/21 10:16
I actually lived out on the economy near the Green Park Housing Annex but since Chofu was the nearest middle school, it was a daily 45min-1hr (one way) bus ride from Kichijoji. Luckily, that slog only lasted for one year (7th grade: '71-'72).
in May of '72 we moved to Bangkok, Thailand. Prior to all that, I went to Kindergarten at Grant Heights, and all six years of elementary school at Green Park Elementary.
by Tom Burchill (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/3/31 13:47
My dad was stationed there between 71 and 75.
I attended the school during my 3rd and 4th grades.
I too have fond memories of the green belt where my brother and I frequently played; and that hole in the fence! Yes! buying candy from the shopowner across the street.
We lived in Green Park, Grant Heights, Canto Mura and Yakota (I belive I have those names right).
by Lynn Roe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/5/30 12:04
to Pam S,
Ilived off-base but went to Chofu Elem from 71-73,4th,5th and 6th grades, I have a Japanese friend who was a devoted friend of American kids at KM/Chofu HS. He may be able to help you locate your long lost Japanese exchange host family. My friend's name is Testuya Tanaka. He's on Facebook. Give him a holler!
by roy jaworowski (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/6/1 02:00
I didn't live there then, but I do live in the area now. I'm an American who is married to a Japanese wife, who lives in the Chofu area.

I can see the current Ajinomoto stadium from my home's balcony - and after a few trips to the airport, learned about this area's backstory.

Unfortunately - long before I arrived - the final Kanto Mura homes had been demolished. All that was left was a small block on the NNW side - where trees had overgrown over some concrete slabs.

Recently, however there has been a lot of activity in this area. I don't know if it's reclamation of the iron pipes for $$$, or preparation for a completely new structure to be built.

There are two grizzled phone-booth type structures on the site. One of the doors is open, and it looks like some sort of electrical transformer inside.

I can post a few (poor) cell phone snaps if there's any interest.

Cheers,
H

by New Guy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/6/1 02:14
Oh yeah - (and if I am breaking decorum here, I'm sorry; I won't post again without positive feedback as technically I'm not eligible to answer the question.)

The quadrant of Fuchu Air Station that hasn't become part of the SDF proper - and not been turned into a park - is still in good shape.

The tall tower and dishes are alive and well.

It looks ripe for exploration, but my visa and sons are not worth that much.

Feel free if you'd like me to dig around the neighborhood on your behalf.

Cheers,
H
by New Guy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/6/2 13:25
I lived in Green Park, Grant Heights and Kanto Mura from 1970-1974. I love hearing everyone talking about their memories including the "hole in the wall" and Chofu schools. I was 10-14 years old when I lived their. My best friend when I lived their was Janet Jablonski and we are still friends today! My dad is Lawson Walters who worked in communications.
by Chris (Walters) Watson (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/7/13 05:35
Yes, our family lived there 1972-1974. My husband was Chaplain Douglas Herbert . My children were Jonathan Herbert,Debbie Herbert(our adopted Korean daughter) and Heather Herbert who wA
by Florance Herbert Thomson (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2012/7/18 13:12
We also lived in GP, GH, and KM from 71-74. I was 7 when we arrived and 10 when we left. One of my best friends was Angel Richardson. We lived next door to each other at KM in 73-74. I loved reading all of the posts regarding our cherished childhood memories. My oldest brother, David Bates, was the Viking mascot at CHS from 73-74. Life was definitely good during that time. Thanks for all the wonderful memories!
by Debbie Bates (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 5 of 10: Posts 81 - 100 of 189
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
next

reply to this thread