Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 6 of 10: Posts 101 - 120 of 191
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
next

yes 2005/6/6 08:23
yes but i need a new charger as cat chewed through cable where can i get one.
by kurk rate this post as useful

Charger search 2005/6/22 12:46
I have just about given up looking for a charger in Australia 4 an OKWAP a-267 if anyone can help it'd be most appreciated. E-mail me at jordan_webb81@hotmail.com - cheers
by Jordan in oz rate this post as useful

Charger 2005/6/24 01:40
I bought a Hello Kitty Okwap A263 and the charger only worked for a week before it died! Does anyoe know where I can get a replacement, i'm in the UK. PLease email me at dollqueen@hotmail.com
by Laura rate this post as useful

Regarding Defrag 2005/6/30 08:33
I have this mobile and after 3weeks of having it I did what a few people have done...and turned it off went it was defragmenting! Big mistake...NEVER DO THIS, breaks the phone!! in order to get this fixed I contacted the girl I bought it off who was very kind to have me send it back to Taiwan and she took it to the factory where they fixed it! I have gotten the WAP to work, but I very much doubt the ringtones or the MMS will ever work unless the non-eastern phone networks recognise OKWAP as a manufacturer..

Hope this helps
by Faye rate this post as useful

My Okwap A263 contact error 2005/7/2 00:36
if i turn on my okwap a263 after reading data offer, cannot open application. if i press menu, out a writen or meaning "Contact'Error"
HELP...
edy_cikko@yahoo.com.sg
by edy rate this post as useful

A267 2005/7/6 11:38
Hi everyone. I have had the HKA267 for a month now and had a few headaches with setup and trying to work out things when all info is in Chinese!! LOL But now I have it up and running with no probs at all. I worked out WAP and MMS by unputting all the data manually. I am with Optus (Australia) so I just did a Google search for the required IP address and WAP address and just put them in the phone.

As for adding ringtones - you don't need to pay for downloads or software other than the one that came with the phone (I-Synch ME). For whatever song you want just search for it on Google as a midi file, save it in your I-Synch music folder (default for me is My Documents | IAC | OKWAP Mobile | My Music) and then upload it to your phone with the USB cable. Go into Menu | 6 Med | Melodies |Enjoy Melody | and scroll to your newly uploaded songs - they will be all called *Download* so rename them to what u want.

For wallpaper pics just upload any Kitty pic you have on your PC to the phone (u need to resize of course). I have also got some really great Kitty Wallpapers and animations from this website: http://www.zedge.no/ They do have some links to paid ringtones etc as well. Zedge has freebies for heaps of mobiles. You just download the pic you like from the Public gallery and upload to your phone (I have them on my phone now so I know there is no problem). If you have your own designs you can also upload them to the website for others to download.

Good Luck!! purplegrrl@hellokitty.com
by purplegrrl rate this post as useful

hello kitty i516 2005/7/14 22:07
i have this phone and i put my orange conract sim in im and it didnt work
does ne 1 kno how to mae it work on eitha orange contract or o2 genie sim??
thanx
by Taby rate this post as useful

?? 2005/7/18 15:05
i would like to ask about the data error thing in okwap. the message data arror appears in my phone when i press the menu, so there is no other way for me to get to the phone settings. what should i do?
by gRaze rate this post as useful

Hello kitty A267 2005/7/26 10:05
Hi,
I have had the hello kitty a267 for a month or so now and one day I opened it and the screen won't light up. Any one have any idea of how to fix this. The phone rings and works but the screen is completely black like the light bulb went out or something. Please help!!!
by nicole rate this post as useful

MMS AND TEXT 2005/7/27 06:39
WHEN SOMEONE SENDS ME A LONG TEXT I NEVER CAN RECIEVE THE FULL TEXT?????? ALSO IM ON UK ORANGE AND STILL HAVENT CRACKED THE MMS SETTINGS??? CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS A WAY TO SET PHONE SO I RECIEVE ALL MY TEXTS TO FULLEST CAPACITY...ALSO MY CAMERA RECORDS THINGS FAST LIKE THE GIRL IN THE RING THE WAY SHE MOVES, ITS SO FREAKY........IVE MANAGED TO DOWNLOAD AND ULOAD TO PC THANKS TO ONE OF THE ABOVE POSTS BUT I NEED HELP WITH TEXTS ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY......
ALSO THE DATA ERROR THINGY IT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SWITCH ON PHONE LET IT LOAD UP FOR A FEW MINS ITS JUST RECOUPARATING ALL ITS MENU THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME I SWITCH MINE ON SO I DOUBT THERES NTHING WRONG
REGARDS KEL
by kesUK rate this post as useful

opening my mms 2005/7/29 19:21
I have the hello kitty a267 and paid alot for it now i feel in a total rutt i cannot work my phone and i cannot translate the massive chinese instrcution manual. i have also benn recieving mms messages and when i try to open them it states "setting error" i am also always connected to gprs :S and whenever i try ti go to okwap online on my mobile its alwasy says "settings eroor" WILL SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME all thios phone has been is a pain in the neck!!! and i would advise no one bought one!!!
by Mica Noble rate this post as useful

How to manually set up MMS/WAP with A267 2005/7/31 12:58
Hi Mica. I also had alot of problems setting up WAP/MMS but I solved it and also helped another person and she also has it working (I am in Australia and she was in Denmark). Here is what I said to her in my email (I'm just copy/pasting it here). Please adjust what is necessary for your country/mobile phone provider.

I also got no help from my Mobile provider. So I did a google search for the WAP address and IP settings - my provider should have known these and just told me really. Then I put them in myself. Ask YOUR MOBILE PROVIDER for the corrrect WAP and IP addresses and Homepage address. Then this is how you put them in:

Menu | 3 WAP | 6 Setting |

Then it has 5 boxes starting with Default, setting 1, setting 2 etc. I just chose Setting 1 and pressed "SET"

Then it has 2 entries: CSD and GPRS setting. I use GPRS so I selected that one (2). Then select "1 WAP Setting"

Here you need to input the "Homepage address" YOUR MOBILE PROVIDER should give you something like http://networker.optus.net.au/wap/index.wml (that is what I need for Optus - yours will obviously be YOUR MOBILE PROVIDER one!!)

Then press down and you will need to input the IP Address. It will be something like: 202.139.083.152. That is my Optus one. Remember when YOUR MOBILE PROVIDER gives you their IP Address you must input it with 3 numbers before each fullstop. When I found my IP address it was written as 202.139.83.152 and unless I put the zero in front of the 8 it would not work. So I had to input like this: 202.139.083.152

After those settings are saved press "NO" to get back to the previous screen (Where it has 1 WAP Setting and 2 GPRS Link Setting) Press 2 GPRS Link Setting. Here you put in the APN. Mine is wap.optus.net.au

I am with Optus for mobile phone AND Internet so I think you need to get your APN from your Internet Provider because then you need to input your email username and password.

After inputting the APN press down and input your email username - if your email is mary@optusnet.com.au then you just put in "mary". Then press down again and put in your email password for that same account. Save and you are done!!

When you press back and get to the screen with the 5 boxes with Default, Setting 1, etc you can rename Setting 1 to what you want (I call mine optus) by highlighting it and selecting Menu | 1 Rename . Then make sure to press "Select" to put a red tick in the box so your phone knows to use these settings.

This is what I did and now I can access WAP. MMS should work but so far I don't know anyone who also has MMS on their phone to send them a message!! LOL I hope you can understand these instructions and that YOUR MOBILE PROVIDER and your ISP can give you the correct info.

I hope this helps - please post back if it works or not. Good luck!! PS: I have had no probs at all with my A267 Kitty phone since setting this up. It works like a dream.

Should I buy it? 2005/8/1 11:15
Hi. I've been looking to buy an Okwap a263 (Hello Kitty). They are so adorable, especially in pink with the diamons and all!
But I really want to know if it is a good phone.
I've read through a bit of this forum, but all you seem to talk about is all the faults in the phone. Is this phone that a bad? Or are there good points to buying it?
Is it hard to manage with all the defragging and all?
please tell me. Thanking you in advance!
by Sandii rate this post as useful

new aerial!!! 2005/8/6 23:50
Does anyone know where i can get a new aerial for my A263? my puppy chewed up the original one, still works but looks pretty rubbish!

the only other problem I've had is that it does switch itself off now and then for no obvious reason- anyone know why??

but i still would recommend this phone to anyone, it has its faults (the camera isn't very good and I get that data error message when i switch it on sometimes but it goes away by itself) but it is the most beautiful phone EVER!!! What more could you want than pink, hello kitty and diamonds!!!
by lucy rate this post as useful

Odd problem with the screen 2005/8/11 15:29
Last night I charged my phone, when I looked at it in the morning the operator text in the inner screen had turned into chinese (or is it japanese, i dunno). My phone works just fine, it's just confusing. All the menus are still in english. Has anyone had this weird thing happen to them?
by MayTheBee rate this post as useful

odd problem with screen 2005/8/13 00:57
I get the same thing sometimes, I think it has something to do with the pre set dates in the calendar (valentines day, etc) so it comes up with corresponding pictures and writing. I think you can stop it doing it by deleting the dates but I'm not sure, anyway it goes back to normal by itself.
by lucy rate this post as useful

Format of ringtones and pictures 2005/8/19 12:06
I was wondering, what's the format of the ringtones and the pictures on that phone? Are the ringtones standard MIDI, and the pictures BMP?
by Lisa rate this post as useful

To Lisa 2005/8/19 21:56
Hi Lisa - i use any standard midi as a ringtone with no probs. I just search for the midi version of any song I like on the internet and upload it to my phone and it works - I never have to edit them in any way. I have never tried BMP's but I have uploaded JPG's and animated GIF's to the phone with no problem (I have the Okwap A267).

Awesome, thanks! I have ordered the A627 and should receive it any day now. I had downloaded some ringtones from the Okwap website and realized they were plain midi, but then somebody on this forum mentioned something about those files not being standard midis or something. Anyway, glad I didn't waste my time looking for my fave songs all over the web lol

Oops 2005/8/20 00:55
Oops, I meant the "A267"

Page 6 of 10: Posts 101 - 120 of 191
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
next

reply to this thread