Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 8 of 9: Posts 141 - 160 of 180
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
next

Scary interview ahead... :) 2008/5/9 17:03
Wow, such a long and useful thread. ^^
I`m currently waiting for the interview, already sweating, cos I really want this job ( yea, I`ve read ALL comments aobut pros and cons ).

So can you help me here and tell sth more about the interview itself?

Thank you soo much in advance. :)
by Ginger rate this post as useful

hey there! 2008/6/26 19:03
Hi all!I have been invited by Mr Jason Wright of Peppy's to have an interview with him sometime in October this year.Should I go ahead?This is my first time having to go overseas for a job interview and I am nervous,as much as I am excited about the possibility of being able to finally have a chance to work in Japan.Please advise!!
by confused rate this post as useful

peppy kids 2008/9/6 13:37
hey guys, i love reading all the pros and cons about going over to japan and teaching. And i know to have a positive experience you cant have your head in the clouds, you've got to take the bad with the good and Im so excited about it! The only thing im worried about is that i dont have a uni degree but when i head over there i will have a advanced diploma in TESOL, does anyone know if that will be enough to work for peppy kids? Also (god willing) when i apply ill be lucky enough to have a face to face interview here in Australia, im just wondering what should i wear and what should say and definitely not say? And ive noticed most of these posts are old - does anyone have any updated information about peppy kids or teaching in japan? How has the company changed?

Im normally a very nice person and it constantly amazes me to see my peers at work be down right racist and sooo rude to asians and other non-english speakers that come into our bar. If i didnt know the language and was in a strange country id want someone to attend to me with a big smile and a understand attitude so thats what i always try to give my customers! i hope this karma will come back to me when i head over to japan. I also really hope to be put in a city area and not some rural town as im such a city girl at heart.

arrr sorry for ramberling I know i must sound like a an over excited kid right now, but id LOVE to make some contacts or friends before i head over there! Because as well as teaching im hoping to go on those crazy japanese adventures i hear so much about so if anyone can give me some advice or helpful info please email me at chickypea64@hotmail.com

cheers guys!
by Chelsea rate this post as useful

silly question 2008/9/6 17:06
what type of company is Peppy and NOVA I cannot get info on it on the i-net?
by ? question? rate this post as useful

hi 2008/9/8 17:37
hi from what ive gathered so far nova was a company that employed people to teach in their schools over in japan. However it has now gone out of business, im assuming from the way it misstreated its staff.

peppy kids is a organisation and school i believe that hires people to teach english to their students who are all under age of 12 i think - so basically a primary school.

they have a website if you google peppykids.
by chelsea rate this post as useful

peppy 2008/12/16 00:50
peppy`s teaches childrens from the ages of 2 all the way upto 15, although this is set to change with highschool students now being allowed to remain with the school.
For the most part, teaching with peppy`s is a very good experience, but like anywhere, it`s down to luck. If you are lucky, then most of your schools will have pretty nice kids (I got Lucky, I have some incredible kids)
Also having a good relationship with co-workers is important, mainly the Japanese teachers, who really are under a lot of pressure and do so much work. You are assigned 4 schools (sometimes 3) and you visit these schools once a month, and teach there for the week.
I have been here for about 8 months and have really enjoyed my experience so far.
by john rate this post as useful

any advice? 2009/1/13 17:32
I'm going to have training in March/April any advice?
by chrissy (guest) rate this post as useful

Hi! 2009/1/21 23:02
I am hoping to go over to Japan to have an interview with Mr Wright some time in September this year. What are the chances that he will confirm a teacher on the spot?
by Tolora (guest) rate this post as useful

PKC Training 2009/2/18 14:10
Hey all,

I'm starting training in Nagoya on the 6th April. Is anyone else signed up for that date? Would love to hear from you!
by Andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

April 6th... 2009/2/20 10:16
hey Andrea,
I think i'm going to be there in April too since it looks like i'm going to miss the march deadline. I'm from Australia, where are you from?
by chrissy (guest) rate this post as useful

April 6th training 2009/2/23 19:22
Hey Chrissy & Andrea, I think I'll be in the April 6th training too. I'm still waiting for the COE to arrive, and getting nervous cause I haven't heard from Graham (the aussie contact) ever since he sent me the package of forms. Do contact me via newborn_doe@hotmail.com :)
by Dee (guest) rate this post as useful

PKC Training 2009/2/25 14:27
Great to hear from both of you Chrissy and Dee! I'm from Sydney in Australia. What about you guys?
Chrissy - Like you, I missed the March deadline, so I'm due for 6th April. I'm just waiting for my COE before I book my flights though. I'm hoping it will pull through soon so I can book flights at a cheaper price!

6th April 2009/3/6 13:21
Hi all, Im from Sydney Australia as well and starting on 6 th April too for training with Peppys. Jetstar just realeased some cheap tickets for $345AUD ,one way to Tokyo from Sydney. So worth taking a look if you're starting on the 6th. Beta
by Beta (guest) rate this post as useful

Jetstar flights 2009/3/6 15:43
Yup, as Beta suggested, Jetstar has a sale going on right now. Real cheap to fly into Tokyo. I just got one! Be quick or it's gonna run out! I'm so glad my COE came through so quickly. Is it just my own opinion or is there quite a few aussies in the april 6th training?
by Dee (guest) rate this post as useful

yay my CEO arrived as well 2009/3/11 15:51
hey guys...just have to get my visa now..jetstar flights are about $600...it's prob because i'm from melbourne. When are you guys planning to arrive in nagoya?
by Chrissy (guest) rate this post as useful

Peppy Kids 2009/3/13 13:08
Hey there Aussie Crew,

I'm Jeff, from Toronto, CA.

I'm looking at the July 6th, time frame..

Quite the thread wouldn't you say ?

The "randomness" of where you are placed is seems is such a huge factor.

The money factor concerns me as I will be on a travel work visa.

Travel Times looks to be a random as well.. I suppose it's a dice roll regardless.

Any thoughts ? are you excited.. sound like a good bunch.. too bad I'm not joining you.

Would love to hear of your experiences.

-Jeff- feel free to email me.
by Jeff (guest) rate this post as useful

PKC DELAY 2009/3/23 18:33
Hey Aussie Crew,

I am devastated. My COE didn't come back in time and the process has been delayed! Unfortunately I wont make it for the April training session with all you guys! I am now aiming for the one in May (I Think its the 11th?) Any takers? You don't have to be from Aus! LOL. Would love to hear from you.

Cheers,

Drea

I'll be there in May 2009/3/24 09:56
Hi, I'm going to be there in May. I'm still waiting for my COE though. My friend got her's a week before she had to leave last year same time. So I'm not too worried.
by KK (guest) rate this post as useful

PKC in May 2009/4/6 17:39
Hey KK,

Great to hear that you'll be joining me in May for training. Do you have an email address? It'll be great to discuss any preparations we may need help with each other.

Cheers,

Drea

Here's my email 2009/4/7 08:32
here's my email katez88@gmail.com

I got my COE and I'm arriving in Nagoya on Wednesday May 7th! Please arrive on May 7th too, so we can travel around Nagoya before hand. My friend who taught there last year said that most people don't start arriving till the weekend before May 11. I don't want to be alone.
by KK (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 8 of 9: Posts 141 - 160 of 180
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
next

reply to this thread