Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 88 of 110: Posts 1741 - 1760 of 2195
prev
1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 110
next

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/26 11:49
I am working in Japan since last 5 years.
and applied CoE for my newborn's dependent visa in Oct, and got approved after 4 months
Still waiting for wife's CoE

Application date for newborn: Oct 26th 2023 (supposed to receive physical copy)
Approved newborn's CoE: Feb 22th 2024 (took 4 months)

Application date for spouse: Dec 22nd 2023 (supposed to receive digital copy on email)
Still waiting for my wife's CoE

My newborn's CoE is kind of useless unless we get my wife's CoE in time. 🤞
by 5YrsInJP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/27 00:35
Hi, everyone!

My COE got finally approved, but our lawyer didnft receive it yet. He said it should be issued in around 1 week. The COE type is gspouse of Japanese nationalh and we got married in the end of October of 2023.

Applied at: Nagoya Immigration
Application Date: 16th of January 2024
Got approved: 26th of February 2024

Additionally, our lawyer said that he has indicated that the entry date is the beginning of April, so I am really shocked that it got approved so fast. Hope this answer will help someone to not get too worried about the application process. <3
by booboo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/27 02:11
@Sabeeh

What would be the reason to expedite? I've applied for mine one day before yours and still nothing. When we called to check immigration, they said to keep waiting and they also said calling stops people at immigration from working so it has an opposite effect.
by PianoSama (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/27 02:13
@5YrsInJP

Oh nice congrats! Since I'm seeing most people in October are finally getting there's, I hope mine is coming soon. Being away from my husband is so painful. I applied for mine on October 17th

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/27 06:51
@pianosama

Them saying that COE applicants making them do their job disrupts their flow of work is hilarious.
by Cocco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/27 09:18
@Cocco

Hahahaha I agree! What an excuse! Totally ridiculous! Answering calls is definitely part of their job! Of course they should expect phone calls from applicants. Otherwise, why put the landline number on the application receipt?! Loooool.

The immigration called my husband yesterday, and he wasn't able to pick it up since he was in the middle of a meeting. They should have called during lunch hours tho. Hence, we'll have to call them today to know the reason.
by Yuzu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/27 10:08
applied in september not yet recieved
my friend applied in August not yet recieved
so there is no way to find out how long it will take
call immigration answer is under review
very hard to wait leaving wat u do
by @tamarind (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/27 12:55
@PianoSama

Thanks!

Hope you get yours soon.
I went to immigration Today to submit request letter to approve my wife's CoE as early as possible and before my daughter's CoE expires.

Hopefully they approve it in time.
by 5YrsInJP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/27 17:27
Hello everyone, back with an update...again...again...

Applied COE type: Highly Skilled Visa
Submission date: Beg of July 2023
Submitted place: Tokyo Immigration

I am overjoyed with relief and excitement to say the least. The next step is going to a Japanese Embassy in my country and start the Visa application. With all my info and COE it shouldn't take long, Visa application is not a guarantee just because you have your COE, just a heads up. Though if you have nothing negative to your name, I would assume it should be quick and approved. I'll be back with another update when I get my Visa approved.

NOTE***
I didn't do anything special, it takes forever and anxiety will come to you. I hope everyone else gets theirs soon! Good luck to everyone in their new life journey!
by Raizo99 rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/28 00:40
@Raizo99 Oh nice! Congrats! That is a long wait but it's finally your turn! I look forward to mine too. Hopefully mine will be today.

@Yuzu
Did your husband call immigration back? Were you approved?

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/28 05:00
@PianoSama

Thank you!

anyone here in the US have their Visa processed and shipped back properly from the Los Angeles Embassy without issue? I read a while ago that someone here had a bad experience and their Visa was lost in the mail.

They don't allow you to pick it up in person, so I'm a bit worried after coming this far.
Anyone have any experiences with the LA Embassy and getting your Visa taken care of through them?

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/28 07:06
@Ida Fanai

Do you know what message I would send an email to? I canft seem to find much about it
by J (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/28 11:53
@Raizo99

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you ^^ I just hope mine will get approved as well since I also applied the same time as yours from July 2023.
by LucasBurhan rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/28 11:55
@PianoSama

Hello! Yes, he called the immigration back and they asked for additional documents.

So here's the status of my application.

Submitted: Nov. 2, 2023
Asked for Add. Docs: Feb. 27, 2024

I will send the document this week. :) I will update you once the immigration has already received our documents. I'm all positive we can get our COEs! Since February is ending, perhaps March!
by Yuzu (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/28 12:42
@Raizo99

That was me. Congrats on the CoE!

Are you in LA? Be careful with USPS, they are having a lot of issues right now and will take you for a ride to get your package back from them even with tracking if there happens to be any issues.

My Passport/ japan visa package went on a carousel back and forth, to San Francisco/ Oakland, wrong post office(s), missent and a whole lot of tracking scans that are not physically possible. It was a very strange/ stressful ordeal for nearly 3-4 weeks.

USPS declared it lost so I reported it to the State Dept so I could get a replacement quickly. I think their special lost/ stolen passport recovery unit contacted them. The package mysteriously showed up that same day finally with apologetic phone calls.

I'm trying to request the LA Japan consulate to allow in person application/ pick up with this info now. Last hurdle to get back to Japan safely!
by RJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/28 12:54
@Yuzu
Aw man additional documentation after 3 months of waiting. That means your might be approved in about a week.

@RJ
Once they ship your visa + Passport back to you, do they give you a tracking number? In my case, I have to mail mine to the Houston immigration because I live all the way in El Paso. So, once I mail it, will they email me once it's shipped, or how does that work?

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/28 13:14
@PianoSama

I took a look at the Houston Japan Consulates website. You're lucky that they give the option of in person apply/pick up. It's not an option in LA for some reason.

If I were you and going to Japan is a high priority, I would honestly fly there and spend a little, to apply/ pick up in person to be safe.

At the very least, avoid USPS. Maybe Fedex is safer, in my experience. For the tracking, it's something you can request the chosen carrier when you get a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. The tracking updates as soon as the consulate mails it back to you.

Hope the process goes smooth for you when you apply for the Visa

by RJ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/28 15:10
@LucasBurhan

Thank you! I really hope yours comes in very soon like mine did. Something to keep in mind, FOR EVERYONE! I got word that my COE was approved possibly a week or two prior to my Immigration lawyer receiving it and letting us know we got it. That means I have less than 90 days to get my Visa and be back in Japan. Your 90 day window starts the day your COE is approved with Japanese Immigration, so if you can get that date info you'll have a better idea of your "90 day window" time.

@RJ

Ahh I knew someone would recognize that story. I'm really glad to hear that you eventually got your Visa! I will be mailing from AZ to LA, I will have tracking for both and hope for the best. I'm waiting to get my COE emailed then sending off ASAP! How fast was your Visa approved and how did they contact you to let you know when it was finished? Did they tell you when they contacted you if it was approved or denied?

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/29 00:26
I'm going for student visa, and my school submitted the documents by December 10th. Yet I'm still waiting to get any update about my CoE
I'm really concerned about it since school in about a month and have no idea how long will take the CoE to arrive :(
by Quimisagi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: COE processing times 2024/2/29 03:43
@Quimisagi

If your school starts in a month I wouldn't expect to be there this semester honestly. I would get ahold of your sponsors in Japan and see what they can do since the semester will start very soon.

Most of us have been waiting 6-8 months for ours, even after you get the COE, you still have to do the Visa application which can take another week or two.

I wanted to give you the reality of the situation we are all in with this, we've all been waiting but I hope yours comes sooner rather than later. GL!

Page 88 of 110: Posts 1741 - 1760 of 2195
prev
1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 110
next

reply to this thread