Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 9 of 9: Posts 161 - 167 of 167
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2019/5/2 12:03
We lived at Kanto Mura from about 68-72ish. I was in first grade from 70 to 71. I remember my first grade teacher was Mrs. Blue. She told me it was okay to use my left hand. I was trying to write with my right hand like evertine else. She is one of my teachers who made a huge impact.

I remember the menko cards, models, candy, and erasers from the hole in the fence. I don't remember our house number, but one of the families was the Blevins.
by James Hancock (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2019/5/11 03:16
I lived there from 1970 - 1974. I lived across the street from the library, close to the swimming pool, close to a church and movie theatre, etc.. My parents worked at the skating rink. I loved the hole in the fence and everything about my life there. Would go back in a heartbeat if I could. And, to one member, who years ago, was trying to find a family - no the fact that you were blonde doesn't make you unique. I don't mean this to be insulting but I know that myself and two sisters were all blonde. Yes, we did spend a lot of our time with Japanese families that welcomed us. They taught me how they bathed, loved life and nature. Memories!
by Merri Love (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2019/8/31 06:46
Such a wonderful site to stumble upon! I lived in that area from '72-'75. Everyone has brought back fantastic memories! I did not live on the base but was allowed to visit to attend church and sing in the kids choir. I attended ASIJ and remember the hole in the fence where the base kids called out to papa san. I remember feeling bad for the kids behind the fence who seemed to lack the freedom I enjoyed. Oh to have a time machine and relive some of those wonderful days in Japan. So much freedom for a young person! We rode the "bochi bullet" and had a blast. Ah the smelly erasures! The candy, the street food, hunting for kabutomushi, such memories!
by Darla Taylor (Mosher) (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2019/12/18 15:00
We lived there from 1970-1973 too. My dad was a tech sgt in the AF. My sisters, Christine and Lucinda, and I lived across from the "yen store" where we bought our candy. I loved living on the base. We went to the movie theater all the time. Some of the names I remember from school and from our neighborhood, although the spelling could be off: Wendy Sumner, Debbie Troatman, Sandra Hightchew, Mrs.Benson, Mr. & Mrs. Helmintoler, Mrs. Suyama, Dean Mullikin, the Julander family, the Schroder family, Renee & Billy Reece, Kathy Miya, Haru Maxwell.
by Nancy Uphoff Lamb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2020/3/3 11:26
Hi, I was 10 when we moved into 449D, it was me bobby unger and my two brothers randy and johnny and my sister pam. If anyone remembers us I would love to hear from you.
by robert unger (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2020/4/22 12:51
Lived at Kanto Mura and attended Chofu High School from 1970 to 1972 (10th and 11th grade). We lived behind the church, adjacent to the movie theater. Wrestled and ran cross-country. Friends with Mitch Pineau, Bruce Peterson. George Hollingsworth, and Joe Reynes. Took Biology from Mr. Mageau and English from Dr. Anastasis. Went to see "Woodstock" in Shinjuku for a Social Studies field trip. Saw Led Zeppelin live at the Budokan in September 1971. Graduated after 11th grade because I didn't want to change schools in my senior year - no school would ever measure up. I was right. We ended up at Mather AFB in Sacramento, where I went to college. The rest is just boring! Was sad to hear when they tore down Chofu. Now a stadium sits on the site.
by Bill Sexton (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anyone live in/near Kanto Mura 1970-73? 2020/6/3 13:23
I just randomly can across this post. I lived in KM from aprox 1968-1972. My dad was in the USAF Band and was stationed at Fuchu. So many fond memories. Yes, I totally remember the hole in the fence and getting candy. I had Mr. Sullivan for my 6th grade teacher at Chofu Elementary School. I have a lot of slides and wonderful pictures that my dad took. He was a very talented man. I saw someone mention Lisa Gaga. That name sounds so familiar. I know this original post is old and I do hope someone reads my response.
by Lynne (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 9 of 9: Posts 161 - 167 of 167
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

reply to this thread