Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 9 of 9: Posts 161 - 180 of 180
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

oops 2009/4/7 08:39
Whoops! I meant THURSDAY may 7th!
by KK (guest) rate this post as useful

PKC In May 2009/4/16 15:43
Hey Andrea and KK,

I will be joining from Canada with you guys!

by James (guest) rate this post as useful

PKC 11 May 2009/4/17 19:32
Hey James,

Glad to meet a new recruit! What day do you plan on arriving in Nagoya?

Cheers,

Drea
by Andrea (guest) rate this post as useful

Arriving 2009/4/17 21:07
Hey Drea,

I will be arriving on the 8th, friday night.
I've heard that there is also another guy from NYC on the same flight with me~

Hi James from Canada 2009/4/18 04:07
Hi James, are you from Vancouver? did Sherry tell you where you'll be placed yet? I just got an email from her today!

KK 2009/4/18 23:03
Hey KK,

No I am from Toronto~

I am leaving on the 7th of May for the May 11th training.

As for placement, my recruiter said she won't know until closer to the time of departure.

Where are you being place?

somewhere up north 2009/4/21 03:52
Hey James,

I'm going to be in Morioka. But all placements may change.

KK 2009/4/23 12:39
Wow, that really north.

I wish I can stay in Nagoya but seems like we would all be place some where else..

Placement~ 2009/4/24 01:56
I will be at Koriyama City, Fukushima.

The placement is only tentative unless they have reasons to not move you..

Placement 2009/4/24 10:36
James, it sounds like you're certain that you'll be placed in another city. I actually like your location. Not to far from Tokyo. Did you buy insurance yet? if so, which ones? I'm thinking about getting the one that cost less than $2 a day.

Insurance 2009/4/24 11:54
Hey Kk,

Well I am guessing from the attitude of the recruiter and not trying to be optimistic about it.. I wish I can stay in Nagoya or some where more urban.

I haven't decide yet, $2 a day? where you find that!?

Insurance 2009/4/24 12:27
My recuiter is awesome, she gave me a whole package on insurance.

There's this one called Travel Underwriters. It costs $1.15/day.

It says: "This policy "tops off" your Provincial Health Plan (PHP) coverage. If you have a claims overseas and are NOT insured under a PHP, you will be responsible to pay for any costs that would have been covered by your PHP. This policy covers any excess costs over the PHP coverage portion.

You can go to travelunderwriters.com for more info. I went on the site, and it doesn't give you any information..not even the stuff I just typed out (crappy site). Butit says you can purchase the insurance from any local insurance broker or directly by phone. You're better off going to a local insurance broker to get more information.

If you have anymore questions feel free to email me.

Also, I heard if your placed in a dense area like Nagoya, you're probably going to work a lot more hours. And living expenses go right up.

KK 2009/4/24 13:37
Hey KK,

Thanks for the information, I will definitely check it out.

True say but I just wish to be place some where that more close to the cultural sights I wish to go :P

Pack yet? What are you packing?

Packing 2009/4/27 04:21
Nop, didn't pack yet. But I'm only planning to bring one suit case. I'm going to buy most of my clothes there. I'm short and weak, I can't imagine carrying a ton of luggage around.

I was advised to bring some "Canadian chocolates" for my schools. Still gotta buy that. Also, she told me to bring some pictures of Canada, and buy some Canadian fashion magazines, because some of you older kids would be interested in flipping through a magazine rather than playing kiddie games.

I heard that if you wear contacts, you better bring lots of contact solution because contact solution in Japan is 3x the price here. So I'm gonna stock up!

You should pack a lot of what you're used to using. eg. a certain toothpaste brand, things of that sort. Because you might not be able to find it there.

Packing 2009/4/28 03:13
Cool, seems like your recruiter is really helping you a lot in every aspect!

Canadian Chocolate?? Magazines?? lol

I am gonna bring a little bit of everything.. trying to cut down my cost of the sort to the lowest.

type of visa 2009/4/28 10:13
Hi all,

Have any of you been employed with peppys with a working holiday visa? I am Australian and am eligible for a 1 year working holiday visa so can work full time, however I do not have a degree. Would the lack of a degree exclude me from working for PKC?

Thanks
by Lauren (guest) rate this post as useful

keep the peppy train a rollin 2009/5/24 02:10
i had originally aimed for the may 11th training. hope you guys are having fun!

i am set for the june 22nd training. anyone else?

still no location :( who cares, i leave in 2 weeks!
by ymita (guest) rate this post as useful

same here 2009/5/24 08:28
same for me, aimed for july, got an august departure.

never too early to see if there is anyone else confirmed for the same month!

by desu (guest) rate this post as useful

PKC sinking? 2009/8/18 00:25
I work for Peppy KIds Club, iTTTi Japan and this company is currently changing and cutting so many costs. What a cheap company! I hope it doesn't sink just like Nova did. I don't want to be a homeless teacher in Japan.
by Kevin (guest) rate this post as useful

care to elaborate? 2009/8/20 00:59
what are some examples of cutting costs? you have me worried! if you prefer we can chat about it by email, lunar7 at gmail.com (it'd be great to know what prefecture/city you work in if possible)
by desu (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 9 of 9: Posts 161 - 180 of 180
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

reply to this thread