Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need to show PS4 in airport for tax refund? 2015/3/28 21:21
I also bought clothes. Do I need to show them too?
by laluna08  

Re: Need to show PS4 in airport for tax refund? 2015/3/29 03:51
Tax refund for what?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need to show PS4 in airport for tax refund? 2015/3/29 05:03
If they've asked you to go to the tax refund center at the airport, then usually its a good idea to have those luggages with you incase you do need it. After you get the tax stuff settled you can check in your bags.
by aether rate this post as useful

Re: Need to show PS4 in airport for tax refund? 2015/3/29 06:28
Most places will take the tax off at the moment of purchase and then staple a paper to your passport.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Need to show PS4 in airport for tax refund? 2015/3/29 07:03
For food and cosmetic product, they are sealed in a clear bag (with security seal), and needs to be shown at the customs if requested, this is to prevent you from using them during your stay, and or gift/buy for local people, the product has to be used outside of Japan.

If the products has found to be used (food and cosmetic), they have the right to charge you tax on the spot.

As for clothes and electronics, I haven't been asked for them, but if they asked for them, yes you need to show them.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need to show PS4 in airport for tax refund? 2015/3/29 10:19
Does it mean I shouldn't put them in my luggage but my carry-on baggage?
by laluna08 rate this post as useful

Re: Need to show PS4 in airport for tax refund? 2015/3/29 12:02
u really think it's safe if u put it into your luggage?(despite they are Japanese.)
it's recommended to carry-on.
by Trevor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need to show PS4 in airport for tax refund? 2015/3/29 12:21
That's true. Thank you.

Re: Need to show PS4 in airport for tax refund? 2015/3/29 22:04
It makes no differences, you will have you luggage when you pass through the customs.

But I do suggest you have it in the hand carry, the way luggage are tossed around and transportation within the airport, you might end up with a unusable unit.
by kms899 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Need to show PS4 in airport for tax refund? 2015/3/29 22:36
Oh isn't the check in counter located before the custom?

reply to this thread