Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What pass to get? 2013/2/28 00:16
Hi, what pass can I get if I want to travel to tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Mount Fuji within a period of 10 days.
by JM (guest)  

Re: What pass to get? 2013/2/28 10:34
If its a round trip then the 7 day JR pass will pay off. Otherwise, its probably cheaper to do by regular tickets.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: What pass to get? 2013/2/28 10:43
Thanks for the reply. Does the JR pass allow me to go to mt Fuji? Will it be better to travel to tokyo- Osaka- Kyoto- mt-Fuji then back to tokyo ? If use the 7 day pass, which day sld I start to use? How abt the remaining 3 days? If first 3 days at tokyo then buy another pass?
by JM (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What pass to get? 2013/2/28 11:15
Does the JR pass allow me to go to mt Fuji?

Most of the way, but you'll have to take the non-covered Fujikyu line between Otsuki and Kawaguchiko, and then a but to the mountain.

Will it be better to travel to tokyo- Osaka- Kyoto- mt-Fuji then back to tokyo?

Sure, that would be ok. Note then that there is a 1 hour bus is involved. See this page for more info:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html?aFROM=2158_6900

If use the 7 day pass, which day sld I start to use?

Day 4 or the day you leave Tokyo, whichever comes first.

If first 3 days at tokyo then buy another pass?

Maybe looking into the oneway Suica+NEX package to get you from the airport to Tokyo and then use the suica to pay for single train trips around the city:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_suica_nex.html

Re: What pass to get? 2013/2/28 11:38
How about travelling within Osaka and Kyoto? Does the jR pass allow me to travel around and go to universal studio?

How much does the suica nex card cost?
by JM (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: What pass to get? 2013/2/28 11:51
How about travelling within Osaka and Kyoto? Does the jR pass allow me to travel around and go to universal studio?

Yes its good to USJ. In Osaka and Kyoto its only valid on JR lines (which is not so helpful in Kyoto).

How much does the suica nex card cost?

3500 yen (all the info is on the page I linked).

reply to this thread