Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bus to take from JR Nara station to Nara Park 2013/3/11 02:36
what the are the bus i can take from JR Nara station to Nara park? how much does it cost? if prefer to walk, what are the directions from JR Nara station??
by clueless26  

Re: Bus to take from JR Nara station to Nara Park 2013/3/11 09:45
There is a bus? Really? The park starts about 1000 meters east of the north corner of the JR Nara station.

Get out of the station, and go west.

The street is lined with souvenir shops and resteraunts. It think it's part of getting there.

If you're taking the Kintetsu Rail, it's even closer. It's about 850 meters east of the JR Station, so you have about 150 meters to walk to the start of the park.

I just want to warn you, the park is about 1000 meters long, and about 1000 meters wide, so depending on where you are going, you'll run into street vendors, deer, temples, and lots of people.

I went on a Sunday during Cherry blossom season, The children were buying the deerfood wafers from the vendors, and almost every deer would have a child tring to shove their wafer at the deer's mouth. They were stuffed, and it was only noon.

The cooked yam was very good. Yum!
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Bus to take from JR Nara station to Nara Park 2013/3/11 09:46
Ooops.... That should have read:

Get out of the station, and go east.

Sorry.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: from JR Nara station to Nara Park 2013/3/11 14:11

if prefer to walk, what are the directions from JR Nara station??

It is not that far, in fact it is a pleasant walk. Check this out:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4107.html
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread