Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/18 03:26
Could anybody reccommend me any side or mountain trips from Kyoto (apart from Yoshino) to see cherry blossoms on April 9-12 this year?
by agspb  

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/18 12:44
Hi,
Mt Yoshino will be a good place for cherry blossom. You can join a one day tour organise by Yokoso Club Japan. Due to the early blooming, the chances of seeing cherry blossom in the lower plain is a gamble.

CKlin
by CKlin rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/18 12:55
There are some later blooming spots around Kyoto city that you may want to check out. You can get info on some of them from this blog post from last year:

http://www.japan-guide.com/blog/sakura12/120417_kyoto.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/18 14:58
Thanks a lot!
by agspb rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/18 16:46
Is visistng Hikone recommended?
by agspb rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/19 13:50
You may want to check Google for cherry blossom dates as Japanese tv/news has posted today that the bloom started almost 15 days earlier than the past two years, the earliest on record. I am scheduled to arrive in Tokyo on the 3rd and will now most likely miss the bloom. It is supposed to be good for 7-10 days after full bloom which is now slated for the 25th of March. Kyoto is only 1 day later than Tokyo by most website's predictions. Hate to say it, but you like me will most likely miss the cherry blossoms.
by Jerry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/19 13:52
Sorry, here is the link we use in Japan for fairly historically accurate information:

http://www.jnto.go.jp/sakura/eng/index.php
by Jerry (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/19 14:19
Kyoto is only 1 day later than Tokyo by most website's predictions.

On the old predictions yes, but the forecasts for Kyoto have not been moved up on par with Tokyo since western Japan has not experienced the same abnormally high temperatures that eastern Japan has so far this March. So the forecast for Kyoto is pretty much unchanged and the blossoms are expected to bloom around normal.

That said, April 9-12 is already rather late for an average season in Kyoto so it would be a good idea to research some of the later blooming spots if you really want to see blossoms.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/23 09:02
Lol, Kyoto is not only 1 day behind Tokyo.

Kyoto blossoms just opened today (22 April) and we will get Full bloom by March 29. Kyoto will still look very beautiful until April 6 i guess.

Tokyo will be over by 31 March...
by Fabian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/23 13:19
Will I have a chance to see cherry blossoms on the 8th in Kyoto, if I try Kanazawa, will there be a better chance...your reply is very much appreciated.
by Jeannie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/23 19:16
Where is the best place to see cherry blossom on 7Apr2013 in Kyoto ? Any advice is much appreciated.
by elbert (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/23 22:59
Tsuyama should still be full bloom at that time. It's in the north of Okayama Prefecture, but there are direct buses from Kyoto and Osaka, so it is possible to do as a daytrip.

Here is info:
http://www.okayama-japan.jp/en/eventinfo.html
http://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Tsuyama

If you do go, you should probably reserve your bus seat because they may sell out.

Alternatively, if you have a JR Pass or don't mind spending money to use the Shinkansen, it's also doable by train. Just take the Shinkansen to Okayama Station and then transfer to the Tsuyama Line to reach Tsuyama.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/24 23:56
Where is the best place to see cherry blossom on 7Apr2013 in Kyoto ? Any advice is much appreciated.

Hello my friend.

The blooms on Kyto slowed down. You pobably can get some cherrys on a fairly good state on April 7th.

I would recomend Maruyama Park and Imperial Park. Be aware tough that after April 5th its kinda of risky to watch the sakuras in full bloom.

However iLm fairly optimistic that you will enjoy the sakuras just fine by April 7th.
by Fabian (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/25 00:16
Does anyone known the forecast of cherry blossom in Tsuyama, fom the website, state only festival held on 1-15 Apr.
As I would disappoint to see the blossom in Tokyo, I am planning to caught it in Kansai region during my trip on 2-12 Apr 2013.

It would be worth for a day trip from Osaka, to visit on the full bloom.
by Chalermpol (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/25 17:26
Chalermpol: The blossoms in Tsuyama have not opened yet. Although no one can say for sure, it is very likely that they will be full bloom on April 7.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto Cherry Bloosoms this April 2013/3/26 07:54
The large weeping cherry tree at Tsuyama's Senkoji Temple has already reached full bloom, but the regular cherry trees are only just about to open their first blossoms:
http://tsuyama-city.musicfactor.jp/sakura13/
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread