Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 weeks exploring Japan 2013/3/21 20:43
Dear Travelers,

I will travel to Japan in 2 weeks (27 april - 12 may)and buy a 7days JR pass. My main highlight is trekking in tateyama and fujikawaguchiko. Please kindly advise whether this 1st week is possible route to do.
day 1 - arrive late night in Kansai Airport, overnight here.
(start using JR pass)
day 2 - take early morning train to Hiroshima Station, put luggage in locker. Explore Hirosima and Miyajima. At 4pm, heading to Kyoto - overnight here.
day 3 - explore Osaka, highlight: osaka the museum of living and the aquarium (do i need to buy 1day pass since JR pass dont cover some of access?). Back to kyoto.
day 4 - explore Kyoto. I will rent a kimono to explore the city (yeah!!). At 5pm, heading to Toyama.
day 5 - do tateyama alpine route: JR pass dont cover this route. At 5pm, heading to Kofu, overnight here.
day 6 - Take early morning bus to Kawaguchiko (JR pass dont cover this bus). Do i need to buy 1 day pass? my highlight is to see fujishibazakura festival, ice cave, mt. fuji 5th station and kachi kachi ropeway. Overnight in Kawaguchiko.
day 7 - explore kawaguchiko. At 3pm, heading to Shinjuku. Overnight in shinjuku.
day 8 - visit Disneysea (does JR pass cover the route?)
(end of JR pass)
day 9 - explore tokyo: shinjuku, harajuku, shibuya, roppongi.
day 10 - a day trip to Yokohama.
day 11 - a day trip to Kamakura.
day 12 - explore tokyo: asakusa, akihibara, ginza, and odaiba.
day 13 - Go to Sapporo by flight, overnight here.
day 14 - Explore Sapporo, highloght: eat kaniset of hairly crab and red king crab.
day 15 - relaxing after long trip in Jozankei Onsen.
day 16 - go back home.

okay, thats all. I hope, you could help me saving money on the transportation. Thank you very much.
Christina
by Christina (guest)  

Re: 2 weeks exploring Japan 2013/3/22 12:39
April 27 to May 6 is called the golden week. It will be crowded everywhere in the tourist spots and transportation, accomodations as well. Be prepared.
by Jay Jay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 weeks exploring Japan 2013/3/22 14:20
yes, that's why .. i have to prepare everything. Do you think the JR pass is effective at those itinerary?

thanks.
Christina
by Christina (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 weeks exploring Japan 2013/3/22 15:07
It seems rushed.

On Day 2 for example, you plan to visit Hiroshima and Miyajima and leave by 4.

The Peace Museum takes quite a bit of time itself (not the type of museum to rush through), and then you'll want to see Peace Park behind it. If you add Hiroshima Castle, Shukkeien Garden, the schools, or any other museums, it can easily fill a day by itself.

Miyajima, too, takes time. First you have to get to the port and then catch a ferry. Itsukushima Shrine is not far from the port, but once again, if you really want to see the island, Miyajima can also take anywhere from a half day to a full day.

Even if you only go to Itsukushima Shrine in Miyajima and the Peace Museum and Peace Park in Hiroshima, it's going to be a whirlwind tour to do all that and be back on a train at/around 4.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: 2 weeks exploring Japan 2013/3/22 20:57
that's a very nice suggestion... i was thinking to stay a day in hiroshima, but still in doubted.. but now, you just convinced me... thanks a lot!

Christina.
by Christina (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread