Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/22 01:19
I will be staying at Toyoko Inn in Hakodate, Hakata and Okayama but might arrive before their check-in time at 16:00. Does anyone know if they have any luggage store before this time? Or if only a few of them have this possibility. Can't find out anything about it on their website.. (If I dit not miss anything).
by Gifu Joe (guest)  

Re: Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/22 12:50
I have stayed in many Toyoko Inns although not the ones you mentioned - I have never had a problem with leaving luggage although I am more likely to leave it in the morning when I check out and then come back later for it - there should be no issue whatsoever...enjoy your trip!
by Maranyc rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/22 19:09
You think there will be okay for them to store luggage even before check-in? Will probably leave early too before check-out time so that wont be a problem. But if they can store luggage after check-out too is good.
by Gifu Joe (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/22 19:21
Agree with Maranyc, I also stayed in several Toyoko Inns, including Hakata, and never had a problem with leaving my luggage before or after check-in. Actually so far it hasn't been a problem at any hotel I stayed, no matter where in the world.
by WizardOfOss rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/22 19:22
Of course I meant before check-in or after check-out...
by WizardOfOss rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/22 22:47
Just want you to be aware that all the Toyoko Inns I stayed at stored all the luggage in the middle of the lobby with a small net covering everything and not in a locked room.
by daai maou (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/23 02:45
Oh... That sounds a bit unsafe. Do they have any watching on the bags then? Maybe I should consider a locker at the train station instead?

Re: Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/23 04:12
I had this happen to me at another hotel, much like the Toyoko Inn chain. This one was in Osaka. I got off at Shin-Osaka and walked to the place. (I bet some of you know which one I'm talking about) I had e-mailed them earlier to make sure I can leave my bags there if I were to arrive early. Check-in was 2pm and I arrived at 10am. I did see luggage with the netting on the floor but no one disturbed it. They added me bag to the pile and I walked off to get Sumo tickets and hang around Osaka before heading back to the hotel around 2pm so I can officially check in. Since they allowed me to leave my bag, the least I can do is check in as early as possible to reciprocate the gesture. When I went to check in, they had already moved my bag into my room.

If it were any other country, I'd be a little leery about leaving the bag in the middle of the lobby, but not in Japan. People don't mess with other peoples' things.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/23 04:20

That sounds a bit unsafe

It may sound and look unsafe, but it is perfectly fine and safe. I have done this many times with many Toyoko inns across Japan, never encounter a problem.
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/23 19:53
As I suspected from Japan, did not think of that. Wish people would be the same in the west. Heard stories of people leaving their wallets on fast food restaurants in Japan to reserve seat, no one takes it. Same thing done in here, then it would be gone in a jiffy..
I once forgot a wallet (child wallet) in a store. Ten minutes later we got back and gone it was.

Thank you for the information on this. By the way, do I get to claim the bag myself or will they sort it out for me? I mean, I could be a thief myself wanting to steal someone's bag while appearing to take my own.

Re: Toyoko Inn luggage store? 2013/3/23 20:10
The netting has bells sewn on to it and it's tied tight so impossible to get a bag out without audibly alerting the staff, who are in line of sight of it at the front desk. Saying that, I can't imagine anyone has ever tried this in Japan. Normally with Toyoko Inn, I find delivered luggage is kept under the netting, but deposited luggage on check-out or before check in is normally left in the bag room at the back. Occasionally it has been put under the netting. For both types you get a left luggage receipt, which you need to show to get your bags back.

If you are a member you can get your room from 3pm or 4pm for non-member. You can check in anytime before though and leave your luggage and just pick up the key when you return. Or if in a rush and reception is busy, you can just leave luggage and do the checkin later.
by Lady Kodaira rate this post as useful

l 2013/3/24 02:41
I will definitly become a member when I check in in Hakata. Will arrive after check-in time anyway so. But like previous travel it would be a great time to check out the city a bit more after check-out. And in Hakodate I want to see the Onuma-koen Park outside of Hakodate without hassling around with bags.

Again, thank you for your information. Now I know what to excpect, otherwise it would have come as a surprise.

reply to this thread