Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

5 Full Days Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, Kobe 2013/3/22 05:36
Hi, I have 5 full days in mid June, will be coming and leaving via Kansai Airport.

Osaka (2 days)
•Osaka castle
•Sumiyoshi-taisha Shrine
•Umeda Sky Building+Takimikoji
•Osaka Aquarium +Tempozan Harbor Village
•Minami (Namba)
•Shinsaibashi/Dotonbori

Kyoto (1 day)
•Fushimi Inari Shrine
•Kinkaku-ji
•Eikan-do – Philosopherfs path
•Nishiki Market
•Gion (at night)

Nara (1 day)
•Nara Deer Park
•Kasuga Shrine
•Kofuku-ji
•Todai-ji Temple

Himeji Castle + Kobe Chinatown, Mount Rokko (1 day)

I have 2 questions:
1. Is this feasible?
2. How should I go about sequencing it and should I stay all nights in Osaka and travel to the other places?

Thanks!!
by melly (guest)  

Re: 5 Full Days Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, Kobe 2013/3/22 11:14
1. Yes
2. Yes
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 5 Full Days Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, Kobe 2013/3/22 23:51
I will be getting the 2 day Osaka pass. However, for travelling to Kyoto, Nara, Kobe, Himeji, should I get the Kansai Area Pass? for 2 days (4,000yen) or 3 days (5,000yen)
by melly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 5 Full Days Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, Kobe 2013/3/24 04:50
No, normal fare would be cheaper than kansai pass
by tdsan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 5 Full Days Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, Kobe 2013/3/25 11:37
I will be going this April too, and will be staying in osaka for the full period as I find checking in and out of hotel are quite a hassle. Also trip out from osaka to kyoto or kobe are quite fast.

Your plan looks ok. Only one thing, since the himeji castle is under construction, you might want to consider spend more time in kobe instead. Also check the opening hour of the attraction in mount rokko, they closed quite early, so it's better to go in the morning.
by may32 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 5 Full Days Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, Kobe 2013/3/25 17:03
Thanks for your reply!

I have decided to spend 2 days in Kyoto instead.

Is it better to go straight to Kyoto, stay 2 nights, and back to Osaka for 3 nights? Apart from hotel check-in hassles, I will be able to stay later in Kyoto, and eliminate the transport fee to and fro from Osaka.
by melly (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 5 Full Days Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Himeji, Kobe 2013/3/26 01:36
It depends on where you stay in Kyoto. You could head back to Osaka for dinner every night - no problems there. Many would prefer to stay in Kyoto, but it makes the most sense if you stay in a ryokan or if you are staying in a nice neighborhood.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread