Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

itinerary check and advice 2013/3/25 15:27
Hello all,

I am a first time user of this forum.

I am travelling to Japan for 2 weeks in June from 15th to 29th. I have planned the floowing places in please see the itinerary and guide me

June 15: 11:50 Reach Narita [ Will head to higashi Koganei where I will stay ]

June 16: Meiji Jingu, Akihabara, Sensouji, Tokyo Skytree, Odaiba [in that order]

June 17: Hachioji & Hino [ meet people I know]

June 18: Leave to sendai and further to Yamadera and back to sendai on the same day [ stay at friends place in sendai-shi]

June 19: No Idea what I could do here in sendai [Please guide]

June 20: Move from Sendai to Kyoto(visit Kiyomizudera, Fushimi Inari) and on the same the head to Todaiji [night stay near todaiji]

June 21: Visit Todaiji & Head to Koya san [night stay at koya san]

June 22: Nara to Hiroshima - Peace memorial, peace memorial museum, atomic dome, Ground Zero [ night stay at hiroshima]

June 23: Hiroshima to Miyajima - Itsukushima, Daisho-in, Mount Misen - Back to hiroshima [ stay at hiroshima]

June 24&25: Hiroshima to Ayabe - spend 2 nights- meet know people and do you recommend any sights nearby?

June 26, 27, 28: I have no idea what to do.

I wish to go to okinawa, Disneyland and get one onsen experience.

June 29 I leave by a flight at 13:00hrs from Narita

Can I do all this?

Please guide me. I am so confused. And I am planning to get a 14 day JR pass. IS it worth?

I am looking forward for your support

Thanks in advance
by kamakshi  

Re: itinerary check and advice 2013/3/25 19:26
June 19-Early morning train to Honshiogama, take the Basho cruise (Matsushima Bay) and end up in Matsushima. Afternoon train to Ishinomaki to see a hard-hit city of the tsunami, help out the local economy/morale by eating/buying local products and then late train back to Sendai.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: itinerary check and advice 2013/3/25 20:04
Thank you so much. I will take that suggestion. How does the rest of my itinerary look? Any suggestions??

Thanks
by kamakshi rate this post as useful

Re: itinerary check and advice 2013/3/25 21:53
June 20 could be pushing it. The first train out of Sendai is a Yamabiko just after 6am. The Hikari which would be the closest connection in Tokyo doesn't arrive in Kyoto until just past 11am.

If you've been to Kyoto before and all you want to see are the places you listed, then you do have time, but it would feel rushed to some people.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: itinerary check and advice 2013/3/26 01:12
Agreeing with the previous poster - you could spend your extra days back in Kyoto or, if that's not your thing, see more of Tokyo.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

Re: itinerary check and advice 2013/3/26 22:44
John B @•Mike

I have never been to kyoto, but I just thought I should concentrate on these places.@Anyway I think I will take your suggestion.

Otherwise does this itinerary Look fine??
by kamakshi rate this post as useful

Re: itinerary check and advice 2013/3/26 22:52
Generally yes, but I'm not much of an itinerary reviewer. See if you can get to an onsen while you are in Sendai - the area is famous for them - but they are outside of the city. I'm not a Disney fan, but you should consider Disney Sea as it is a unique attraction.
by ChicagoMike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread