Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka to Takamatsu Airport by highway bus 2013/3/27 18:10
On 11 April we'll be flying from Takamatsu Airport around 12 o clock noon.

I read that there's a highway bus between Osaka and Takamatsu, which takes about 3.5 hours and costs 3800 yen, give or take.

Japan-guide also said: ''Takamatsu Airport lies south of the city center and is accessible by airport limousine bus (40 minutes, 740 yen, payable by Iruca).''

My questions are:

Does anyone know which highway bus company does this route (Osaka-Takamatsu)? Is there a timetable schedule we can check to see what time/ how often buses depart?

Would it be necessary to buy/reserve the tickets in advance or not?

How will I know which bus terminal the bus leaves from?

And when I arrive in Takamatsu, can I find the airport limousine bus easy enough? Is it departing from the same bus station? Are you required to pay by Iruca or is cash acceptable too?

As we are travelling on budget we'd rather avoid taking the train. We don't mind getting up early if that's necessary. Also, is it maybe better to spend the night before the flight in Takamatsu itself?

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated. Thank you!
by Marliesopreis  

Re: Osaka to Takamatsu Airport by highway bus 2013/3/28 21:08
by ccc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Takamatsu Airport by highway bus 2013/4/1 04:19
Assuming you are landing in Kansai, you have a bus from Kansai to Takamatsu area. The bus stop is right outside the baggage terminal, typically #7. I believe I caught the latest bus which was around 7pm.

Bus drivers were very friendly and woke me up near my stop. They were very helpful knowing I was a foreigner.

I don't believe there is a bus from Itami to Takamatsu, but that's just what I know. Please double check.
by Twylyght (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Takamatsu Airport by highway bus 2013/4/1 04:23
When you are at the Takamatsu Airport, it's a small airport, but look for the small restaurant by the international terminal entrance. It's quite small, but it's the best place to eat. Much better than the larger place across the aisle.
by Roberto (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread