Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kema Sakuranomiya Park hours 2013/3/30 00:24
hello

would like to know if the park is open at night? do they have illuminations here for the sakura? and lastly, what are the chances of the cherry blossoms here lasting til april 9, given the current weather?

thank you very much!
by amhuirnin (guest)  

Re: Kema Sakuranomiya Park hours 2013/3/30 11:28
It is a public park that is always open. I believe there is no illumination besides the usual park lights. But many people celebrate there in the evenings.

and lastly, what are the chances of the cherry blossoms here lasting til april 9, given the current weather?

The park is a little bit behind Osaka's representative tree which reached full bloom yesterday (they were nowhere near full bloom when I passed by yesterday morning), so I don't think that the park will reach full bloom until April 1. But even then, it would be surprising if a lot of petals would hang on for nine full days. If it does not strongly wind or rain in the days ahead of the 9th, you may still be able to see some final petal blizzards...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kema Sakuranomiya Park hours 2013/3/30 11:30
Note that the Osaka Expo Park, another outstandinh hanami spot, follows an even slower pace than Kema Sakuranomiya Park. More blossoms may make it through April 9th there. Nightly illuminations there continue through April 14.

Re: Kema Sakuranomiya Park hours 2013/3/30 23:52
thank you very much Uji!
by amhuirnin rate this post as useful

Re: Kema Sakuranomiya Park hours 2013/4/2 22:41
I was wrong. There is a special illumination from April 4 to 10 until 21:00 at Kema Sakuranomiya Park.

Re: Kema Sakuranomiya Park hours 2013/4/3 14:11
oooh nice
Uji, how difficult would it be to go the park from Namba (then return here after) around midnight? as i understand the subway and buses are only til before 12 MN.

thanks!
by amhuirnin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread