Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

trip to yoshino 2013/4/5 11:09
We arr 9am & fr Kansai airport, will head for hotel at JR nara station to deposit bags. thereafter head for yoshino. would there be sufficent time assuming we leave for yoshino around 12.30pm.
pls recommend a suitable pass for this route. following day, will travel to Kyoto.

thank you.
by wai chun hooi (guest)  

Re: trip to yoshino 2013/4/5 11:37
We arr 9am & fr Kansai airport, will head for hotel at JR nara station to deposit bags. thereafter head for yoshino. would there be sufficent time assuming we leave for yoshino around 12.30pm.

Yes. You could see the mountain for 3-4 hours during daytime and then enjoy the illuminations that are held between 18:00 and 22:00 in some of the parks.

pls recommend a suitable pass for this route. following day, will travel to Kyoto.

I don't think there is a suitable pass. I recommend to use an Icoca prepaid IC card:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: trip to yoshino 2013/4/6 01:13
Uji

the parks that are illuminated are at Naka or Shimo Senbon? how do this compare to illuminations done for example in Kyoto?

thanks!
by amhuirnin rate this post as useful

Re: trip to yoshino 2013/4/6 08:17
I have not been there for the illumination, so I don't know how good it is. Various pages state that there is light-up in all three Senbon areas. Google Images can give you some ideas, although I am surprised how few pictures show up for the searches:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%E5%90%89%E9%87%8E%E5%B...
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: trip to yoshino 2013/4/6 09:29
When I went there last year only the lower part was illuminated, but the majority of people left as soon as it got dark. The few that stayed had lodging there.

Make sure to check when the last train is coming!
by zoomingjapan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread