Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/10 13:59
Hi!

Sorry for the 100000000th.... question about Skytree again ;___;

I heard that it might be difficult to enter the Skytree platforms (weekend for sure).

How crowded is it on weekdays? (not in Golden Week)

Is there any chance to get a ticket for sunset time? Or when is the best time for a great view from the platforms (sun etc pp)?

Thanks in advance, Lisa

by Lisa (guest)  

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/10 17:58
You'll have to line up no matter what :p
I visited skytree back in october and it took around hour and half before I entered the elevator (only to see nothing but (rain)clouds!) This was on a weekday, I will probably revisit some time but it's not high on my to do list. Of all the observatories in Tokyo I visited, Mori Tower ranks #1

If you're running out of time, I'd say skytree isn't worth the time unless you're in the neighbourhood visiting Asakusa/Ueno the same day, it's really close.

by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/10 18:35
I went last month. it was still busy. Wait 3 hours to get in.

In Japan you line up no matter where you go
by Jenny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/10 20:56
It's not that busy. If you've ever been to the Empire State Building, the waiting time is about the same.

I waited about 1/1.5 hours.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/11 02:18
Thanks for your answers!

When did you go to the Skytree? In the morning or in the afternoon?
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/11 10:24
It greatly differs between weekdays, weekends, public holidays and school holiday periods. And the time of the day.

Right now, at 10am on a regular weekday, the website does not report any waiting times. But on a weekend with good weather, there are likely to be waiting times of a few hours. If the waiting time exceeds an hour, there is no need to stand in line. Instead you get a time slot allocated until which you can move around freely.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/15 22:04
I just went there this morning around 10 am and waited about 1 hour and 10 minutes. This is the ticket to the lower observation deck, which you can spend an extra 500 yen to buy online and skip a potential wait.

If you want to go to the upper exhibition gallery, it's another 1000 yen. It makes no difference whether you bought your lower deck ticket at the Skytree or online.
by Azure (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/16 02:16
Thanks!

I guess we will have to try to be there as early as possible in hope for good weather and a nice view.
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/24 14:40
You can actually go there around 08.30-09.00 pm and there will be much less people than in daytime! It's open until 10 pm.
by Meme (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/24 19:00
I went a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday. You need to get a time slot at which to come back and queue for your ticket. We were told to come back at 3:30 and the wait time was approx 1 hour.
by Kikuya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/25 01:01
Went there 6 days ago. The waiting time is around 70 minutes and I was there around 3:30 pm. Hope this helps.
by Wora S rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/25 15:06
Here now, took 32 min lining up... Platforms were packed! Another 25 min if u wanted to enter galleria level
by Dave (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/25 16:24
At least, you must avoid weekends and the golden week. During weekdays, the line would be 30 minute long to buy your day tickets, in average.
by Jay Kay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skytree - still difficult to visit? 2013/4/25 23:37
I went on Saturday early in the morning around 9 am. Didn't have a long line to buy ticket. The line for the elevators was maybe 10 minutes. I say go really early and you shouldn't have a problem.
by D (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread