Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

toya or noboribetsu overnight onsen stay? 2013/4/23 23:18
Is lake toya onsen resorts better or noboribetsu onsen resorts better for overnight stay?
Im looking at relatively good quality ones n budget is up to 20,000jpy a night. Good food n nice outdoor onsen with good view of the scenery are my requirements.
Initially considering Daiichi takimotokan at noboribetsu, but now wondering whether there are equivalent ones i should consider at lake toya instead. Which are recommended resorts that fit the bill? Im traveling in May. Safety is also a concern as i am a lone female traveler.cannot speak japanese but can read kanji. So resort should preferably have english or chinese speaking staff.
Any recommendations?
Thanks
by mexxgal (guest)  

Re: toya or noboribetsu overnight onsen stay? 2013/4/24 08:37
After having stayed at both, I strongly prefer Noboribetsu over Lake Toya for both the hot spring water and the ryokan.

I had troubles finding any nice ryokan at Toyako Onsen. It may be partly due to the volcanic eruption in 2000 and the following economical problems, but I found all the ryokan to be in a somewhat bad state. This was also reflected in the reviews on Japanese travel websites, where there is barely a ryokan with a rating above 4 (out of 5).

Noboribetsu, on the other hand, has a lot of better ryokan. My favorite among them is the Takimotokan. But more than anything else, I just can't get enough of Noboribetsu's waters. They are among the best in all of Japan. The Takimotokan's bath is the perfect place to try them.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread