Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taikou no Yu at Arima Onsen worth a visit? 2013/4/28 11:20
I planned for a day trip 1/Jun/2013 to Arima Onsen with my family (2 kids under 10).

1) It's quite a long journey there (almost 2 hours by train using Kansai Thru Pass). Is it worth the visit?

2) Have anyone been to Taikou no Yu? They provide something like 3 hours stay + meal. Is this doable with kids? Or any other better onsen recommendation?

3) What other things can be done at Arima Onsen before heading back to Kobe city.

Thanks.
by Hweeli (guest)  

Re: Taikou no Yu at Arima Onsen worth a visit? 2013/4/28 12:12
It's quite a long journey there (almost 2 hours by train using Kansai Thru Pass). Is it worth the visit?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It is one of those newer bathing facilities that also contain food and massage services, so that you can spend long hours there. It also offers both the famous types of waters of Arima (gold and silver) as well as a blend between the two in various types of pools.

I am not sure where you are coming from, but if you come from Osaka, the Spa World there is similar, except that its waters are of a lower quality and that it is themed after other countries' baths more than Japanese hot spring culture. Its appearance is also more artificial:
http://www.spaworld.co.jp/english/

3) What other things can be done at Arima Onsen before heading back to Kobe city.

Take a walk around the town. There are some nice lanes and temples. But frankly, there is not too much to do. It is also possible to return to Kobe via Mount Rokko.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Taikou no Yu at Arima Onsen worth a visit? 2013/4/28 12:14

Re: Taikou no Yu at Arima Onsen worth a visit? 2013/4/28 12:28
Thanks Uji. I will travel fm Sheraton Miyako Osaka hotel to Arima Onsen. Heard of Spa World but it looks artificial (man made) to me in website hence didn't consider it.

How about Naniwa no Yu & Spa Suminoe (free with Osaka Unlimited Pass)? If these 2 are of much smiliar to Taikou no Yu, then maybe I can consider to drop of Arima Onsen. Kind of worry for the transfer between trains & bus to Arima Onsen.
by Hweeli rate this post as useful

Re: Taikou no Yu at Arima Onsen worth a visit? 2013/4/28 19:03
I am sorry, I am not familiar with Naniwa no Yu & Spa Suminoe. But Arima's waters have been considered the best of Western Japan for centuries.

reply to this thread