Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how to get working visa of cook? 2013/4/28 22:02
i am nepali citizen and my sister and his hunband are in japan owning their own restrurent now i am 23 year old and i wanna go to japan and also i am a engineer what should i do to get visa for cook?
by rajkumar (guest)  

Re: how to get working visa of cook? 2013/4/29 14:38
Your employer sponsors your visa for you. Ask your sister to consult with a lawyer who knows how the process works. Or perhaps she can find out some hints from other restaurant owners.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: how to get working visa of cook? 2013/4/30 11:19
You need 10 years of experience.

http://www.tokyoimmigration.jp/eng/ryouri.html
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how to get working visa of cook? 2013/4/30 12:55
Just to be clear, the link in the previous posting is to a private immigration lawyer, not the Japanese immigration office.
by Umami Dearest rate this post as useful

Re: how to get working visa of cook? 2013/4/30 16:11
From your background, it seems a bit unlikely, though as Umani Dearest says, your potential employer should check with immigration lawyer about the possibility.

If you are an engineer, you probably went to an engineering college/university and hold a bachelor's degree? If that is the case, and an employer wants to hire you for your "engineering skills," that may be possible.

But if you have had no training or experience as a professional chef, I don't know how that is going to be viewed by Immigration. Normally for chef jobs, they ask for specialized knowledge or at least several years of experience.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: how to get working visa of cook? 2013/4/30 19:28
It seems the OP is trying to get a visa to work as a cook in a restaurant owned by his sister and brother-in-law. Is there an advantage to that or does he still have to prove 10 years experience?
by Justin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how to get working visa of cook? 2013/5/1 09:55
i am nepali citizen and my sister and his hunband are in japan owning their own restrurent now i am 23 year old and i wanna go to japan and also i am a engineer what should i do to get visa for cook?

Getting a work visa will be difficult if not impossible, unless you have special training as a chef and the work history to prove it.

If I were in your situation I would look for engineering positions to get a sponsored work visa (assuming you are qualified, e.g. bachelor's degree and/or many years work experience). Or if you have the funds, maybe go into business with your sister and brother-in-law which could qualify you for an investors visa.

It seems the OP is trying to get a visa to work as a cook in a restaurant owned by his sister and brother-in-law. Is there an advantage to that or does he still have to prove 10 years experience?

There is no advantage. He would still need to meet the basic requirements of a work visa.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread