Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai wide area passes 2013/4/29 00:00
12 days in Kansai area = 3 Kansai wide area passes?

Hi, I will be travelling to Osaka & Kurashiki soon. I was planning on spending about 12 days in the area, I will also be taking short side trips along the way. . If the places I visit are all covered by the Kansai wide area pass (4-day pass), does that mean I can purchase 3 of these passes before my trip, so that all days are covered by the pass? (I am not from Japan). Also, do I collect all three when I arrive in Japan (will land in Osaka), & do I activate all three at the same time, or only after the previous pass has expired? Thank you
by jon96  

Re: Kansai wide area passes 2013/4/29 08:28
If you buy vouchers outside of Japan, there is no limit on how many passes you can purchase.

Of course, the pass only pays off if you make major trips within the area covered. It would be an utter waste of money for periods that you spend just around Osaka/Kyoto.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai wide area passes 2013/4/29 10:38
ICOCA, Kansai's Easy Link card
http://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/icoca-haruka...

Keep in mind Japanese ppl, who are not eligible to buy JR Pass, still ride JR train without JR Pass.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai wide area passes 2013/4/29 13:57
Dear Uji-san:
Thank you. Do I activate all 3 passes the moment I start my stint in Japan or do I do it only at the end of each 4-day period? And, if so, can it only be activated at Osaka? Or can I do it at, say, Kurashiki, where I will be spending the first few days?
Much appreciated
by jon96 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai wide area passes 2013/4/29 14:18
Most probably, 3 Kansai Wide Area pass does not pay off.

It's hard to make meaningful itinerary on which 3 Kansai wide Pass pays off.
by cc (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread