Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Evening visit to Fushimi Inari 2013/5/16 20:55
I noticed on this website that Fushimi Inari Shrine is always open/no closing time. Is it safe to presume that the place is well-lighted and we can still have early evening photo ops (about 5-7pm)? Thanks!
by mvreyes  

Re: Evening visit to Fushimi Inari 2013/5/17 11:02
I would not call it "well lit". But most of - at least the lower sections - of the walking trail are lit.

This tool lets you look up the sunset time in Kyoto:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=538
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Evening visit to Fushimi Inari 2013/5/17 18:26
Don't be afraid to walk there in the evening; I'd say it is the best time of the day to visit it :)
I'd just say not to go to the top if you feel you won't come back to the mid part before sunset.
by aerond rate this post as useful

Re: Evening visit to Fushimi Inari 2013/5/17 20:54
Uji-san & Aerond-san : Thanks for the reply & the link to the sunrise/sunset table! :) I will bookmark it to help us plan our visit.

Aerond-san : Thanks for the tip. Yes! I'm really looking forward to that evening walk :)

Just to clarify : does this mean that the place gets enough good lighting even if we visit it from 6pm onwards....good enough for us to take clear, visible photos?

Thanks again!
by mvreyes rate this post as useful

Re: Evening visit to Fushimi Inari 2013/5/21 02:33
Well, the photos will depend on your camera and your abbility to take them. Don't expect lots of light after sunset, but enough to walk safely and maybe take good pics w/o flash if your camera allows high ISO settings.
by aerond rate this post as useful

Re: Evening visit to Fushimi Inari 2013/5/21 03:39
high ISO... and if your camera has manual settings, open the aperture... and tripod?

I'm going to attempt this as well... hopefully I can get some good shots.
by SBxJap rate this post as useful

Re: Evening visit to Fushimi Inari 2013/5/21 05:19
Here you can see some of my pictures of Fushimi Inari... http://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie...
by fuchan29 rate this post as useful

Re: Evening visit to Fushimi Inari 2013/5/26 01:05
Thank you so much for your replies, SBxJap and fuchan29 (also for sharing your pictures) :)
by mvreyes rate this post as useful

reply to this thread